Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Playing with AG back in their days of being a fledgling band of mid-50s doing dungeons and planes on their own terms is definitely among the highlights of my time on the server. It was probably the closest you could get to a "classic" EQ experience on P99 after the Kunark launch. It was a blast to play content without throwing an army of parked Chardok powerleveled 60s at it with players who wanted to simply wanted to play EQ with no other drama. I have friendships from that time that last to this day.

Some of us need to smoke fat EQ crack rocks in the form of (then) poopsocked VP loot. Since then the same crew have become poopsocking Gollums hunched over their desks after hitting the Evercrack pipe faaaar too many times over the past 6, 7, 8 years.

Nemce has consistently been a refreshing example of sanity over the past years on this server and its no coincidence that the "casual scum" (and the non-casuals who aren't completely insane) on this server have voted him Mr. Congeniality aka "Mayor"

The "casual scum" and "welfare pixel" players on this server that CSG represent are no more of a detriment to the server than the "warmbodies" that have come to the server over the past few years.

Powerleveling toons, parking them, and batphoning for scraps (verb: "warmbodying") gives the guild leaders of the "raid" guilds far more time and opportunity to rule lawyer and continue to make playing on this server insufferable. The new players to this server over the past few years, most of whom come from -actual- pixel welfare MMOs like WoW, are very used to this "style" of gameplay and know no different. EQ is not WoW, there are no instances, top tier loot is very limited, and someone else will get the phats before you do, IF you even do. If that's what you want to sign up for that's your prerogative. There are many great players and very serious EQ heads who no longer play here due precisely to this nonsense, and there is no end in sight.

/salute to a great member of the P99 community who was always a wonderful guy and always trying to make this server a better place for everybody.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 03-19-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Adios Nemce, long live the new mayor, Swish
Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where I Will Be Spending My Time

I will be leading an Azure Guard on the TAKProject server. I don't think that Macs should ever be considered gaming devices but it is considered the Mac revival server. The server does not boast to be classic but it does have a great team leading it and an even greater community.

My understanding is that the top teir mobs are rotated by players and the rest is FFA. A great rotation/FFA model but with considerably less players on the server.

The population is considerably weaker there, however, a few of the friends I have here on P99 will be joining me in my double agent life of p99/TAKP.

Raids over there will all be scheduled and planned and therefore far easier for me to lead a guild of casuals.

I'm not moving AG like BDA moved their guild off of P99. I'd consider my transition to TAKP as more of an Azure Guard franchise than truly moving. There's a strong AG here with CSG and a new AG on that server as well. (though the name of the P99 AG will potentially change in the transition to help new leadership fulfill their new role with confidence).

If anyone happens to want to join us there you are more than welcome to, though this is not a recruitment thread. I just would love seeing old friendly faces(names) over there.

I will still be on P99 and show up to CSG raids, but my days of politicking are coming to an end very soon. The official transition will occur in a few weeks.
Tried to play on TAKP, it was nothing like the real AK. GMs crashing zones for shits and giggles see my signature right out of their IRC. Maybe someone can confirm if speedz is a GM or a developer or if they had to name change because of their immature shenanigans.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:42 AM
Aviak

I am going to /cry......All I can say is thank you all for such wonderful words. Nemce sure does make his mama proud in so many ways. I love you Nemce!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to /cry......All I can say is thank you all for such wonderful words. Nemce sure does make his mama proud in so many ways. I love you Nemce!
/embarrassed

"aw shucks mom, not in front of all my friends"

Bet ya didn't all know I started playing P99 when I was in college so I could keep my recently divorced mother from empty nest aches while I was away. Man did this turn into something far more than I ever imagined it would.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Large Rat

I'm new here. I have no experience of you (or AG), except having read one of the RnF threads about the most recent A/A suspension. From that alone you have my respect. It is no wonder that people follow you.

I expect (and hope) that AG will stay true to what you have built it to be. I've found the toxicity of the raid scene here to be quite off putting, and your guild sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I'll be applying as soon as I hit 46.

I am sad to see you go, but I understand. I'm glad it sounds that your life is going well. Take care [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whuppee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm new here. I have no experience of you (or AG), except having read one of the RnF threads about the most recent A/A suspension. From that alone you have my respect. It is no wonder that people follow you.

I expect (and hope) that AG will stay true to what you have built it to be. I've found the toxicity of the raid scene here to be quite off putting, and your guild sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I'll be applying as soon as I hit 46.

I am sad to see you go, but I understand. I'm glad it sounds that your life is going well. Take care [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's really awesome to hear. I'm sure AG will remain the guild it always has been. Valick, the new GL, values our reputation and what we have stood for very highly.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

<3.

sorry i let the cat out of the bag early, didn't realize how quick it would get around.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Kobold

i've played a lot of different games and been a part of different things.. but Nemce is the real MVP....
Closed Thread