Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 04:05 AM
Large Rat

I spent about 45 mins to kill 2 rats until i picked a spawn point and camped one mob. Not sure if broken, or working as intended. (insert fry) 95 people in the swamp under level 5.

Also, i'm going to be reporting 94 people later when i have time to sift through the video for KSing.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:10 AM
Kobold

pls ban anyone using anything BUT a 56k dialup modem.

#KeepIt1999 #Windows98FOREVER
Old 10-26-2019, 04:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the prices are inflated, raiding is toxic, and if you want an epic piece for you better be ready to shell out 100k-500k to poopsocking neck beards stuck in their chairs since 2002.

A chance for hundreds or thousands of us, to play some classic EQ from day 1, without competing with fanboy00twink

You don’t need to feel left out. In a month 500 of these guys will be back on blue. And it’ll be back to the 900 that were always on
I completely disagree with everything you said but I hope you're right about the people going back to Blue. It's none of the things you think it is that separates the Wheat and the chaf. It's not that they're "poopsocking neckbeard stuck in their chair since 2002" Hell I started last February and I don't think 500k is a lot of money. It's the way they approach the game, something they won't change and so they'll have the exact same frustrated experience on Green. But I do thank you for at least trying to explain to me what it is they're excited about: hope. It gives people hope that they can be on top. They can't, their approach to the game prevents it, but they'll learn that in time.

I'll check out green when they release kunark on it. The original era of EQ didn't really appeal to me that much, buddy of mine I worked with spent pretty much the whole original period trying to get me to start playing which I did right before kunark was released because it looks so damn cool on the box to be honest
Old 10-26-2019, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

Yes to second server being enforced roleplaying!
Old 10-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't understand the whole pvp server argument. You have a book of discord? Noone's stopping you from going red.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaurot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the whole pvp server argument. You have a book of discord? Noone's stopping you from going red.
Yeah, you don't understand, which is fine. You haven't played EQ pvp, most people haven't.

Turning in that book makes you unhealable and unbuffable by anyone who didnt turn in the book and makes grouping/raiding/anything basically impossible.

So then what, you're relegated to grouping with the other people who turned in the book (so you're probably not going going to pvp them) but still cant contest camps or other disputes via pvp with those who didnt turn in the book.

Dumb.

Eq on a pvp server feels different. You're constantly checking who's in your zone to see if a new person you dont know is around. People start asking if anyone knows Amaurot, what class/level is he? Is he a good dude? Most people run /anon or /roleplay so you dont know what class or level they are and if they're a threat

Conflicts or resources competition can be resolved by combat. Sure you can harmtouch that Ranger low on hp fighting a rabid grizzly bear because you want the bear for yourself but your reputation will follow you, and is in some ways more important than on a non pvp server. Maybe the Ranger gets his friends and they hunt you down.

It brings an element of both paranoia and community bonding while resolving list mechanics and the ability to address territorial disputes.

Now, a lot of people will point to the red server's languishing population as proof of an EQ PvP server not working, well I can only mention there is A LOT more to that story than most are aware of which include huge changes to PvP mechanics and group dynamics and SEVERAL staff members who are all no longer staff members.
Last edited by Danger; 10-26-2019 at 05:02 PM..
Old 10-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Also its fun.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:22 PM
Kobold

I voted no because im level 40 already and have looted 10 manastones.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Just add guild wars to green, no need to split the pop
Old 10-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

not taking position on yes or no, but just stating that everyone saying launch was like this clearly was not playing at launch.
Closed Thread