Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe someone will read this and let it soak in cause I have said it a dozen times on these boards and no one seems to understand that.
So, instancing then? I really do understand the concern here but I just don't see any good solution. Yes when p99 launched it only had about 100 players. But when p99 kunark launched it was well over 1000 and there was no talk of a split. There will always be a stratification of the playerbase, I just don't see a glaring issue if I can play as casually as I do and not really feel any anxiety about the rate of progression for other people.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, instancing then? I really do understand the concern here but I just don't see any good solution. Yes when p99 launched it only had about 100 players. But when p99 kunark launched it was well over 1000 and there was no talk of a split.
Because there was another entire continent for everyone to play on and a slew of new dungeons. Not to mention there is a huge difference between 1000 players and 2,300.

This is not rocket science.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 started with like 100 players and grew gradually over time. It didn't have 1k players arriving at the endgame at the same time.
Ironic, blue started with 100s of players and peaked at 2k. Greens gonna start with 2k and end up with 100s?
Old 10-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because there was another entire continent for everyone to play on and a slew of new dungeons. Not to mention there is a huge difference between 1000 players and 2,300.

This is not rocket science.
Right, the population is large, thus they increased spawn rates. I think they should increase them more in starting zones. I do not think they should start a whole separate server. Think about how that plays out; a second server launches, the playerbase establishes itself with it's own identity and it's own raiding hierarchy, then just kinda gets smashed back into green proper. Seems like a CSR nightmare. Alternatively given that this server has literally not even been live for one week yet, it will find a natural equilibrium?
Old 10-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, the population is large, thus they increased spawn rates. I think they should increase them more in starting zones. I do not think they should start a whole separate server. Think about how that plays out; a second server launches, the playerbase establishes itself with it's own identity and it's own raiding hierarchy, then just kinda gets smashed back into green proper. Seems like a CSR nightmare. Alternatively given that this server has literally not even been live for one week yet, it will find a natural equilibrium?
It won't get to the point of raiding...lol....wow. I can see you're clueless!
Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Did they do the server split vote in game? Because there is going to be inherent bias in the response then -- players who want a split so bad that they logged off didn't vote then...
Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It won't get to the point of raiding...lol....wow. I can see you're clueless!
How long would it take do you think?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:35 PM
Banned

i like EQ the most when:

i can do it casually on my secondary laptop while doing other tasks on my primary laptop

OR

crawling a dungeon with a good group
Old 10-30-2019, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe someone will read this and let it soak in cause I have said it a dozen times on these boards and no one seems to understand that.
We understand, most of us just don’t care and have no issue with the current state of the server. Past level 3/4, it’s very easy to find groups and extremely easy to find mobs to kill. The population isn’t causing an issue.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like EQ the most when:

i can do it casually on my secondary laptop while doing other tasks on my primary laptop

OR

crawling a dungeon with a good group
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]