Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched that trailer!

So the first thing every single npc character in that trailer is a complete caricature. Every single person in there is designed to scream their role at you 20 yards away to the extreme. Politician? Extra greasy and seedy. Punk? More spikes!

8000 choices for your face that no one will see ever. Ever ever ever.

I have 1 Street Cred and 7 Perk points.

There is a minigame with a ghost squid.

I am making one of four dialogue choices.

I'm shooting a pistol and the guy flies backwards.

There are many many cutscenes. A lot of badly animated uncanny valley dudes are moving their lips and then some make gestures to indicate they are sighing.

This game looks like it takes itself very seriously.

Wow this product looks like hot garbage. Derivative and shallow. This is the best they had to show? This is their trailer? Fuck me and the state of the industry these days. I mean I keep hearing about this, there's hype oh cyberpunk oh cyberpunk. So far it looks like a boring pile of shit.

Oh no I have some chip in my head with information and oh wow something something big bad guy and then the real bad guy and now I'm a god. I bet that's the entire plot.

edit: what's their budget? Looks HUGE! Keanu? I'm going to watch another trailer or something, I can't believe it's this bad from that one alone.
So you didn't preorder?
Old 12-10-2020, 09:18 AM
Banned

https://twitter.com/Legolas/status/1336768342993104899

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cyberpunk is a PC game and not a multi-platform game. Heard it here first.
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-10-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Old 12-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

this game has so much hype, i will not be buying it for 20 more years
Old 12-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched that trailer!

So the first thing every single npc character in that trailer is a complete caricature. Every single person in there is designed to scream their role at you 20 yards away to the extreme. Politician? Extra greasy and seedy. Punk? More spikes!

8000 choices for your face that no one will see ever. Ever ever ever.

I have 1 Street Cred and 7 Perk points.

There is a minigame with a ghost squid.

I am making one of four dialogue choices.

I'm shooting a pistol and the guy flies backwards.

There are many many cutscenes. A lot of badly animated uncanny valley dudes are moving their lips and then some make gestures to indicate they are sighing.

This game looks like it takes itself very seriously.

Wow this product looks like hot garbage. Derivative and shallow. This is the best they had to show? This is their trailer? Fuck me and the state of the industry these days. I mean I keep hearing about this, there's hype oh cyberpunk oh cyberpunk. So far it looks like a boring pile of shit.

Oh no I have some chip in my head with information and oh wow something something big bad guy and then the real bad guy and now I'm a god. I bet that's the entire plot.

edit: what's their budget? Looks HUGE! Keanu? I'm going to watch another trailer or something, I can't believe it's this bad from that one alone.
This without the parade raininess. Nothing about this game raised any flags in my head of "omg that looks so innovative and fun hype hype hype". What is it that looks so appealing about this game? That you can change the size of your char's dick?

I guess if it's a less cancerous GTA V that could be fun but nobody could know that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cyberpunk is a PC game and not a multi-platform game. Heard it here first.
That's refreshing that it's not the other way around
Old 12-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This without the parade raininess. Nothing about this game raised any flags in my head of "omg that looks so innovative and fun hype hype hype". What is it that looks so appealing about this game? That you can change the size of your char's dick?
Yes. Representation is important to gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's refreshing that it's not the other way around
Ah, worth a single playthrough then it sits in the hidden section of steam collecting digital dust. Probably better to just watch the cutscenes montage that will be on Youtube in a few days to get the story.
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-10-2020 at 01:53 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

This game is going to be friggen awesome, but they are notorious for patching a great game, into AN AMAZING GAME, so I am going to hold off for a few months at least. Unless someone sends me it for Christmas.

Quote:
To me, the innovation in this game is that its story looks like I'd watch a TV series about it, instead of something stupid like 1 dimensional warrior or MALE clone (drake), of FEMALE clone (laura croft), of Indiana Jones.

The most innovative thing you can do in video games IMO at this point is, stop making the same stupid stories, in the same stupid worlds, with the same stupid characters that would get less than -5 stars if a movie reviewer or TV reviewer were to critique it.

That is the innovation games need.

Really was a fan of Control for that reason. Id watch that in a theater if it was a movie trailer.
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-10-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game is going to be friggen awesome, but they are notorious for patching a great game, into AN AMAZING GAME, so I am going to hold off for a few months at least. Unless someone sends me it for Christmas.

To me, the innovation in this game is: That its story looks like I'd watch a TV series about, instead of something stupid like 1 dimensional warrior or MALE (drake) clone, of FEMALE clone (laura croft), of Indiana Jones.

The most innovative thing you can do in video games IMO at this point is, stop making shitty stories with stupid characters that would get less than -5 stars if a movie reviewer or TV reviewer were to critique it.

That is the innovation games need.
What games need is gameplay. I have played DoD:Source since 2005, that game has ZERO story. What they need to do is cease making games and start making Anime or Pixar films.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

i thought it came out already
Old 12-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

It did. Apparently its pretty bug ridden which shouldn't surprise anyone considering all the pushback release dates.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Banned

Me checking out a Cyberpunk 2077 stream
http://superadventuresingaming.blogs...a-mega-cd.html
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread