Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 06:01 AM
Orc

Default New Iksar Monk - when to go to EC?

Hi all,

I've started an Iksar Monk and am level 8 now. Absolutely loving the class and it has reinvigorated my love for EQ. I'm getting decent XP in the FoB pit. From 5-8 I got several hundred spiderling silks when grinding in the bonebinder (sp?) warrens.

My question is does it make sense to try and travel to EC to buy some better weapons/armor? Currently using my starter club. Or should I keep grinding till I'm higher level and the trip is safer?

ThankSssss,

Ardox
Old 08-20-2020, 06:28 AM
Fire Giant

Stay in FoB area. Your just about the level to head in kurns tower. A lower level dunheon off FoB that is GREAT exp. I have a starter weapon I could give you that should serve you decent enough for a while. Ill look for you next time I'm on
Old 08-20-2020, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Keep those pincers, even the bigger ones you can hand in at the warrior guild. Do cabilis area till 20 for eagle strike, intimidation and fd. Get your WQS in EC then don’t worry about trainers again until 35 and backtrain the skills you want but missed out on.

Upper guk was good to my monk once she left kunark. Mesh armour and gems to buy hp rings. If you leave kunark at 17 as my monk did then grab some soft leather boots from Befallen or kobold hide from sola.
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-20-2020 at 06:50 AM..
Old 08-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Exp is better in WC than it is in FoB. That is because you can easily get high level buffs like POTG, Regen, Haste and DS making you a wrecking ball against mobs red to you. WC also got an EXP increase of 33%.

Level around the Druid rings and as soon as regen and DS drop, ask a Druid to recast on you. They don’t mind and you’ll hit 12 in no time. You can stay longer but Kurns Tower is more fun and great exp. You can also go straight to upper guk from WC you’ll just need a few more levels beyond 12.

Lastly, get 2 masters wus trance sticks, 2 5ac 55hp rings, and silver chitin handwraps. Other items you can fill in along the way.

P.S. Permafrost recently got an exp boost as well making it the highest grossing exp zone in the game. Before the boost it was usually a ghost town, but now I’m seeing plenty of players in there. You should be able to find groups in there from 20 to 32
Old 08-20-2020, 10:58 AM
Banned

Go to EC immediately and get a bind at Ping Fuzzlecutter in WC. There are only a few levels you absolutely need to go train and when you hit those levels get a sow and DMF in the tunnel and head to Timorous Deep. There's an iksar at the top of one of the mountains on chessboard island that you can train with. DMF is key because regular lev will wear off before you can make the return trip.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Just like to point out that he is a new player, doesn't have coin for two trance sticks, 2 55hp rings and schw. And, while its cool there is a monk trainer in TD, it is waaaaaaay faster to just get a port to EJ and run to caba. Rather than taking the boat, running to chessboard, running back, taking boat again.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:54 AM
Orc

Thanks all for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stay in FoB area. Your just about the level to head in kurns tower. A lower level dunheon off FoB that is GREAT exp. I have a starter weapon I could give you that should serve you decent enough for a while. Ill look for you next time I'm on
Thanks, that's super kind of you. I forgot how much the EQ community rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like to point out that he is a new player, doesn't have coin for two trance sticks, 2 55hp rings and schw. And, while its cool there is a monk trainer in TD, it is waaaaaaay faster to just get a port to EJ and run to caba. Rather than taking the boat, running to chessboard, running back, taking boat again.
I could probably afford the two trance sticks. Wasn't aware that haste was available for so cheap (relatively speaking). I'll definitely start saving for it. Yeah I did wonder about getting ports from a friendly druid. Do you think I could make it to the druid rings in EJ from cabilis at level 8?
Old 08-20-2020, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Ra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think I could make it to the druid rings in EJ from cabilis at level 8?
Its possible, with a little luck and a lot of care. Though it would also be possible to get the druid/wizard to meet you at the ZL. Its not far from the port in, unless they are just being in a super hurry. Tell them your lvl 8 and afraid of getting killed, id bet they will understand, having been lvl 8 before.

can you log in right now? I could come pick you up real fast, ive got 30 minutes
Last edited by Dreenk317; 08-20-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Old 08-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is little to no danger training in Tim Deep if you take care of the sand giants in the oasis. The same can't be said of getting ported to EJ. To say nothing of the return trip. Also running to Tim Deep is a solo affair that doesn't require setting up ports to and from.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

I wouldn't skip Kurns. Its just so good.

I might have some stuff too on my mule. Hit me up we can set a time to both be on...I'll take a look and ferry the stuff out to you on my druid (and get you some quick levels in Kurns if you want a little bump).
Closed Thread