Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Wont release

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 12-01-2020, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

It will be worth the wait to see my name on a digital brick.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-01-2020, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Thoughts on Pantheon Rise of The Fallen
File under drugs
Old 12-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Aviak

with brad's death the game has kinda gone in an entirely different direction but still looks semi-promising...
only time will tell
Old 12-01-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

One man didn't make EQ, I have faith they'll get something decent out there.

Lets face it you'll be on P99 for years yet anyway.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

If we all playing eq after this long.. no game will ever stack up. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-01-2020, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am willing to give most MMO's a shot for at least a month. Played nearly every MMO out there. Most of them don't hold my interest past a month, some of them for a couple months, the good ones 6 months+. Very few of them ever went past the year mark.

Gamers are very cynical understandably so when it comes to big promises from game dev's as well as potential vaporware games, especially so with MMO's as so many of them fail or never launch. It really does not serve any useful purpose, same as over-hyping a game can also be just as damaging. Might get a spike of people playing at the start, but quickly quit and get a bad reputation over issues that could be fixed had the game not been over-hyped / over-promised. Ignoring all that noise, I don't see the harm in just trying a game... if it works for you great enjoy the game, if not oh well its just a game...games come and go.... some succeed some fail..../shrug

Provided Pantheon does actually release I will defiantly give it a fair shake I plan on rolling a Skar Warrior simply because I never play tank's (usually play dps or support classes) so why not try something new for once

that's awesome to hear that you've tried almost every MMO out there.

mind if i ask which MMOs you played for over the year mark, or at least 6+ months?

i dont play many MMOs. i just played EQ, WOW, and Dark Age of Camelot but that was almost 20 years ago. and from the 3, it's EQ which kept me coming back for more. but there was always this itch to want to try the other more recent MMOs out there
Old 12-01-2020, 01:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's awesome to hear that you've tried almost every MMO out there.

mind if i ask which MMOs you played for over the year mark, or at least 6+ months?

i dont play many MMOs. i just played EQ, WOW, and Dark Age of Camelot but that was almost 20 years ago. and from the 3, it's EQ which kept me coming back for more. but there was always this itch to want to try the other more recent MMOs out there

1-3 months - Too many... Daoc, guild wars 1 and 2, swotr, everquest2, ESO, Age of Conan, Terra..... to name a few

6 Month club: WoW classic

1year+ club: RIFT, Warhammer Online

This is the song that never ends....: Everquest
Old 12-01-2020, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

So here is the thing...

Brad had a vision for a niche game targeted at people that like EQ. It was always going to be a bit different. It was never claimed as a WoW killer(who wants that anyways?). It's not EQ3. It's Pantheon.

Yes, now that Brad is gone things have changed. However, it sounded like some of those changes would have happened had Brad still been alive, out of necessity.

They are cruising along in a positive direction at roughly a quicker pace than they have ever had.

Will it launch? I don't know. Was my $$$ worth it 5 years ago to support a guy who helped designed a game that helped me get through a rough patch in life? Absolutely.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-01-2020, 02:22 AM
Kobold

If it ever launches, we should play on the same server. Games like this are only good because of the community. Nobody plays a 20 year old elf lawyer sim to get pixels, you play for the people.