Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtf is with the checkerboard placeholder textures and weird balloon trees? Why the hell would they release this thinking it would entice people? I've seen much older pantheon videos with respectable looking graphics, if a bit generic. What the hell is this
This would be them venturing into new areas of the map that are still in development.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a 0% chance pantheon ever releases. Not going to happen.
You pessimist you!
Old 12-01-2020, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

I say blah. Not putting anyone down, but just my ttwo cents. We all loved EQ back in teh day. That is why we are here with p99.

I used to have to turn last names and spell effects off and my computer would still get so hot it would crash. Now, I can run p99 on my crappy work laptop just fine!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Pantheon will be a cheap clone of every other modern MMORPG without Brad McQuaid at the helm. Quick cash like Square Enix did with FFXIV release 1.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Banned

we will have to wait and see

but I'm not pre-ordering

my hope is that its gonna be awesome if not, oh well
Old 12-02-2020, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same was said about the reintroduction of classic EQ back when SOE was still SOE and look how accurate that turned out to be. Most people are already convinced one way or another. It's more fun to consider the possibilities from design intent, speaking to its potential rather than offering conjecture.

What sticks out more now than anything is, the lore and art direction share similarities with MTG.

Environment/Atmospheres
A truer form of PVE, with disparate/overlapping biomes due to the lore/creation story.
Players can be struck by lightning if character idles too long in at the same loc. Rip those who fall asleep at keyboard. /wave /bye to sitting AFK LFG at the zoneline, at least certain zonelines, unless FD. Cloth/leather classes > chain/platemail classes versus lightning?
Dispositions/manifestations for certain NPCs and States caused by PCs, adding more replayability to old world zones and less need for future revamps.

Race/Class Matrix
Not a copy/paste of EQ.
Races have passive and active abilities, with min/max choices requiring more consideration than FSI versus HP regen.

Climbing System
Adds another dimension to zone layouts and pulling. Adds more importance to spells and weapons with long range, being able to aggro otherwise unreachable camps/targets. Ensures that flying mounts won't be added, as flight would bypass climbing skill altogether. Able to camp check and bypass areas without crossing paths with and potentially training anyone.

Every stat type will be meaningful to each class, which is an obvious improvement over EQ. INT wouldn't be useless on a RNG or ROG. WIS wouldn't be useless on a NEC or WIZ. AGI wouldn't be negligible to...every class.

Players having two targets at once, one offensive and one defensive. An idea likely taken from Vanguard. Another improvement, one that would have added more complexity to EQ group and raid settings.

Perception system and spell synergy both have a lot of promise.
Last edited by Ennewi; 12-02-2020 at 12:49 AM..
Old 12-02-2020, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
what makes you say that?

there's got to be some hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

The fact that they have been lying and saying there has been tremendous progress made over the past few years, only to get another round of funding and hiring a competent programmer who says hes had to delete more code than hes written.. not a good sign.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same was said about the reintroduction of classic EQ back when SOE was still SOE and look how accurate that turned out to be. Most people are already convinced one way or another. It's more fun to consider the possibilities from design intent, speaking to its potential rather than offering conjecture.

What sticks out more now than anything is, the lore and art direction share similarities with MTG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Environment/Atmospheres
A truer form of PVE, with disparate/overlapping biomes due to the lore/creation story.
Players can be struck by lightning if character idles too long in at the same loc. Rip those who fall asleep at keyboard. /wave /bye to sitting AFK LFG at the zoneline, at least certain zonelines, unless FD. Cloth/leather classes > chain/platemail classes versus lightning?
Dispositions/manifestations for certain NPCs and States caused by PCs, adding more replayability to old world zones and less need for future revamps.
Quote:
Race/Class Matrix
Not a copy/paste of EQ.
Races have passive and active abilities, with min/max choices requiring more consideration than FSI versus HP regen.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Climbing System
Adds another dimension to zone layouts and pulling. Adds more importance to spells and weapons with long range, being able to aggro otherwise unreachable camps/targets. Ensures that flying mounts won't be added, as flight would bypass climbing skill altogether. Able to camp check and bypass areas without crossing paths with and potentially training anyone.
I have played Thief. I was looking for EQ.

Quote:
Every stat type will be meaningful to each class, which is an obvious improvement over EQ. INT wouldn't be useless on a RNG or ROG. WIS wouldn't be useless on a NEC or WIZ. AGI wouldn't be negligible to...every class.
Warrior quest armor has wisdom on it, because stats were screwed up and a mistake. Dungeons are more dangerous than they appear because of agro through walls. My point is, my favorite PC game ever made was largely a mistake. Trying to fix it is regressive.

Quote:
Players having two targets at once, one offensive and one defensive. An idea likely taken from Vanguard. Another improvement, one that would have added more complexity to EQ group and raid settings.
More than one mob comes in, the enchanter or other CC handle the work. Everyone else assists the main tank, one target. This would be a seemingly small but large change to classic EQ. I heard the rogue can do crowd control, what?
Old 12-03-2020, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what makes you say that?

there's got to be some hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with brad passing away theres even a less chance also the simple fact that they said ever since 2015 it releases on this date then it got pushed back then pushed back more and then they said heres the beta for it and it will release after lol make up your minds also the fact they just redid the entire engine and are starting over from scratch makes you worry alot.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread