Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Question Mobs not Fleeing?

(I'm not talking about undead or other special mobs)

Why do mobs not always flee from combat when they get near low health.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player gets close then flees.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player, hits the player then flees.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player, the player hits the mob again and then it flees.
Sometimes the mob does not flee at all.

I believe that it was not like this until recently, probably last couple patches or so.

If anyone else has been experiencing similar issues with mobs that are supposed to flee at low life and don't please share with as much detail as possible.

Edit: I'll watch for anything that can be of use to reproduce this. I've just noticed it happening often on several occasions.
The last time that made me post this. I was fighting a mob hit it with a DD spell taking it's health down to 1% and it did not flee & was a mob that flees when low on life.
Last edited by Baler; 05-23-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Old 05-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I know mobs do not flee when another mob on similar faction is close by. Although that mob is not assisting in the fight, it's still close enough that the mob you are fighting does not run. It's especially annoying with healers, either when you are fighting the healer who keeps healing him/herself and when the mob just inside radius is a healer because it keeps healing the mob you are fighting although not involved in attacking you.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

This is just one of the P99 things they broke and keep breaking. Essentially, imagine a bubble around the mob. It's a sphere so this includes mobs above and below. If there's a social mob in that sphere the mob won't run. If you drag the mob just a fraction out of that sphere at low hp it'll start fleeing.

How I think it should be implemented is if there is two or more socials agroed on a player they shouldn't run. Proximity to social stuff should have nothing to do with it.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you drag the mob just a fraction out of that sphere at low hp it'll start fleeing.
But, that is not happening at all. I am witness to it.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How I think it should be implemented is if there is two or more socials agroed on a player they shouldn't run. Proximity to social stuff should have nothing to do with it.
I think the opposite and the way it is implemented is how it should function. Classic proof is pretty hard but the bard guides I see do mention proximity as being a key factor in a low HP mob not fleeing and staying in your swarm.

Now they don't say snare your previous pet to get full damage chant ticks when the bulk of your train runs out of social range but I think distance from social agro and low HP should make them turn into flee mode.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, that is not happening at all. I am witness to it.
I do this constantly, so that is how it works. Problem with dungeons is mobs above or below you count also. It's stupid. I'm going to fight you to the death because I have a pal 20 ft below me.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Found another scenario as a mage.
Send pet in, it beats down the target to low life and you reclaim your pet or tell it to go way. Then the mob comes charging at you and keeps hitting you until you take a few steps away from the mob and then it starts fleeing. But if you dont move it will stand there and hit you even though its at low life.

I found this when hunting Spectres. Specifically Spectre #3 in Feerrott.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-04-2015 at 06:17 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I'm not talking about undead or other special mobs)

Why do mobs not always flee from combat when they get near low health.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player gets close then flees.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player, hits the player then flees.
Sometimes the mob runs to the player, the player hits the mob again and then it flees.
Sometimes the mob does not flee at all.

I believe that it was not like this until recently, probably last couple patches or so.

If anyone else has been experiencing similar issues with mobs that are supposed to flee at low life and don't please share with as much detail as possible.

Edit: I'll watch for anything that can be of use to reproduce this. I've just noticed it happening often on several occasions.
The last time that made me post this. I was fighting a mob hit it with a DD spell taking it's health down to 1% and it did not flee & was a mob that flees when low on life.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that if a mob is stunned, feared, or mez'd when it should be fleeing it will need to complete 1 more action before it flees. If you fear a mob at 30% life and fear drops at 10% life, mob will do 1 swing then start fleeing. Essentially there is a queue and although the mob cannot make the action it goes into the queue and the running will not begin until that queue is clear.

P.S. whether this is classic or not I don't know but it is what my observations tell me.