Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Definitely not classic. Mobs did not leash at any point through Velious.

The picking and choosing of which classic elements to maintain (cough, experience penalties) is really discouraging.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The part about them not going back to their spawn point is a bug, but this did exist in classic EQ where mobs would stop chasing you after a certain distance and go back to spawn.. and if you got close enough again, they re-aggroed.
No, mobs would never stop chasing you at all. They would chase you till you zoned. Only DAOC/WoW have the leashed effect on mobs. Everquest, the mobs would ALWAYS keep chasing you no matter what. This is what was the difference between EQ vs DAOC/WoW.

This is why we used Res pulling up till Veeshan peek. Having Furor shoot Nexona with an arrow to be res pulled to the main room before Phara Dar's tunnel -> Room worked.

Western Wastes stuff didn't deagro there. Plane of Growth? Not there either. And those are the 2 biggest zones up to those time periods.
Last edited by Rais; 02-19-2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lets be clear here. This is not a leash. The mob will follow you indefinitely. If you get too far away, the mob will disengage you.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The mob will follow you indefinitely. If you get too far away, the mob will disengage you
This is the problem. Mobs in Everquest, never disengaged at _all_. Only after zoning, and thats because of how the zones/server were connected.

The only times this happened is when they changed Res Pulling in Velious, and Call of Hero spell. Those were the only ways NPCs would disengage/lose agro. NPC's chasing you till you zoned, no matter how far you got away from them was never a bug.It was the mechanics of Everquest.

Although this effects guilds doing Sky the most, it will change a lot of dynamics in Kunark. Res pulling is also part of the issue, since you can't pull using that way also. These are changes that are going in now, and never happened in Classic, Kunark or even Velious.

*Touched up wordage!
Last edited by Rais; 02-19-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, it did happen in classic, and still does to this day on eqlive.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

You run the server, it belongs to the people putting in the work.

But the mobs are literally wiping aggro with distance... like they're not threatening, they're indifferent. That's never been true.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having Furor shoot Nexona with an arrow to be res pulled to the main room before Phara Dar's tunnel -> Room worked.

And its stuff like that which lead to why Furor got banned.

Oh, yea.. I don't need any FoH fanboys up in my grill, but yea.. Furor was banned, confirmed by an SoE Employee.. he didn't quit.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets be clear here. This is not a leash. The mob will follow you indefinitely. If you get too far away, the mob will disengage you.
I certainly don't recall it, I never remember losing aggro with distance. I do recall it in GoD, but not before POP. And in Fearplane, every single mob ran to CT, when he aggroed. If you trained away, they still came to him if you died. I remember not having to fight Dojorn on his island, Our server first was actually Post Kunark. We pulled him off his island, I have the screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it did happen in classic, and still does to this day on eqlive.
Understood, but live has not been 'classic' for a long time.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We all know, including every single one of your developers, that this is not a classic EverQuest mechanic. Since we're being honest here. It's unfortunate, I suppose, we're 11 years seasoned and can effectively utilize classic rez mechanics to kill things previously thought unkillable.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

So do all mobs run back after a while, or just in sky?

Im pretty sure mobs (other than sky) never did that in classic-velious. Reminds me of eq2.