Old 02-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

So.. does this happen on eqmac?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Kobold

This would be far less annoying if mobs would stay on their islands so they could be killed where they should instead of falling through the floor. We had a flying mob fall through a flat area of island on 4 and summon people to EFP today.

So much effort is being put forth to make sky a complete pain in the ass, which it was on live too but not to this degree. Of note: No safe area on island 5 to begin breaking the island. Host of CC issues on 6, those bees before hatched are supposed to be charmable, the floor has been broken there for long enough I couldn't even say if the gear blocks LoS yet.

I don't care that DA tanking was nerfed, it should be. But having to kill things only on a select few islands and then removing the ability to bring things here is very counterproductive to sky raiding.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Default ?

Changeing the meaning of Classic Server/Everquest to Classic Content would help most get over this. . . . .

I hope. . .
Old 02-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
The objective of the server is to create a historical representation of the classic experience to the best of our ability.
lol
Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So do all mobs run back after a while, or just in sky?

I wondered this too.

I aggro'd a Kodiak on my cleric in WC, drug him to the Kith ZL and gated back to the druid rings. He pathed back to his spawn point (just over the hill where the griff/HG can spawn). I Ran around looking for him, finally found him roaming up approximately 200 yards from the rings and he did not attack me (while i circled him) as he pathed back.

I can understand keeping mobs on a leash (to a very small extent) in PoAir (even though it doesn't seem like it's classic), however not in every other zone. (kind of like if you zone into najena with either DMF or Lev and you drop to the ground with the message "you cannot levitate in this zone.")

People can use this tactic to Exploit the hell out of Killing CT every time he pops (as the whole zone should run on top of you if you engage him w/ a fully popped zone)...I was told by quite a few people today, They explained that this method was used by a guild to kill him as if they knew that was going to happen...before it patched in.

I'm not sure the exact layout of the event as I've just been chillin, waiting on the full release of Kunark to experience it for the first time, but if that accusation is true, not only is that Unfair, but that was a Douche bag move to anyone else in the zone trying to legitimately get to him by actually killing mobs as if they weren't on a leash, and would attack you if you engaged him in a fully popped zone.

- Lostprophets
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Large Rat

I played from 1999 to 2001. I recall that in Classic zones, mobs would never stop chasing you, ever. But when Kunark was released, I could aggro a spider in FV and run away with SoW, and it would eventually stop chasing me. However, if I ever approached it again, it would instantly run after me.

I remember fighting a Sarnak in LoIO, running out of mana and then fleeing. I meditated to 100% and decided to hunt some tigers away from the fort. Half an hour later, I thought I'd try a couple of Sarnaks again. As soon as a I approached the fort, dozens of Sarnaks came after me, because that one original Sarnak had gone back to the fort and spread the aggro.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wondered this too.

I aggro'd a Kodiak on my cleric in WC, drug him to the Kith ZL and gated back to the druid rings. He pathed back to his spawn point (just over the hill where the griff/HG can spawn). I Ran around looking for him, finally found him roaming up approximately 200 yards from the rings and he did not attack me (while i circled him) as he pathed back.

I can understand keeping mobs on a leash (to a very small extent) in PoAir (even though it doesn't seem like it's classic), however not in every other zone. (kind of like if you zone into najena with either DMF or Lev and you drop to the ground with the message "you cannot levitate in this zone.")

People can use this tactic to Exploit the hell out of Killing CT every time he pops (as the whole zone should run on top of you if you engage him w/ a fully popped zone)...I was told by quite a few people today, They explained that this method was used by a guild to kill him as if they knew that was going to happen...before it patched in.

I'm not sure the exact layout of the event as I've just been chillin, waiting on the full release of Kunark to experience it for the first time, but if that accusation is true, not only is that Unfair, but that was a Douche bag move to anyone else in the zone trying to legitimately get to him by actually killing mobs as if they weren't on a leash, and would attack you if you engaged him in a fully popped zone.

- Lostprophets

Wait, are you talking about CT from yesteday? We killed him how we always do, pls dont listen to the conspiracy theories. The mobs run to CT like they always did, this is the strat used by everyone in fear. Maybe not all mobs did run to him? Idk exactly, but we would have brought him down anyway (like we did the day before, before this was bugged).

Anyway if mobs now run away after a while in every zone that would totally suck thats soooooooo nonclassic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

That is it Nedala... every mob in zone should rush to CT. That sure didn't look like it happened due to the changes. Far enough away they lost interest.

Heh, anyone remember this video which touched on this from the other end?

http://www.eqvids.com/Flash/iksar/iksar.htm
Old 02-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

From looking at the different posts here it seems this should only affect Kunark zones, and that the distance should be longer than 500 metres.
Thanks for the hard work regardless devs, and thanks for removing it for now.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is it Nedala... every mob in zone should rush to CT. That sure didn't look like it happened due to the changes. Far enough away they lost interest.

Heh, anyone remember this video which touched on this from the other end?

http://www.eqvids.com/Flash/iksar/iksar.htm
ok well tbh i didnt notice that not all mobs did rush us, but im certain we would have won the fight anyway ( the day fippy was released we pulled CT with like the same amount of mobs up, and we got him down anyway, with fewer people). People telling we did that on purpose is just ridicoulous, we had no idea not all mobs would rush us.