Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On that note...

The code for cycling through targets did not exist in any client prior to 2004. Please stop using "I read it in a Usenet group" or "it was bound to tab". It's fake news. The only thing bound to tab was cycle between self and target.
Really? I thought it was "target and last target". Defaulting to self only when there is no last target targettable. But that was a long ass time ago.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, EQ is fun.

I'm sorry that you don't think so.
This stagnant little pond is fun, to a degree.

But the fun people think they had isn't equivalent to the fun they'll actually have when they come back, and things aren't as how they remember them.

Greeners gonna green, but I really don't see this becoming a larger, more popular sim after the initial launch.

Things grow and change when they stop being stagnant.

The very concept of p99 is antithetical to that, however appealing that stagnation may be to some people.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Permafrost Bear Pit days are over for Druids if we can't have tab target cycle. There is just too many things to do and have it work by trying to mouse click on everything...
Old 09-30-2019, 11:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Permafrost Bear Pit days are over for Druids if we can't have tab target cycle. There is just too many things to do and have it work by trying to mouse click on everything...
I am 100% sure that there are people capable of finding some way to target mobs in this post-apocalyptic world.

Also, they reverted the change on blue, so maybe posting the same thing in multiple threads is overkill.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This stagnant little pond is fun, to a degree.

But the fun people think they had isn't equivalent to the fun they'll actually have when they come back, and things aren't as how they remember them.

Greeners gonna green, but I really don't see this becoming a larger, more popular sim after the initial launch.

Things grow and change when they stop being stagnant.

The very concept of p99 is antithetical to that, however appealing that stagnation may be to some people.
Business plan of continuous growth. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you remember what got our attention in the early days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, they reverted the change on blue
Blue is the beta server, probably just seeing if it works. Rivers of tears would indicate a yes.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Business plan of continuous growth. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More than a bit of specious reasoning, but okay.
Quote:
Do you remember what got our attention in the early days?
I was 11 and I liked fantasy stuffs.

How about you?
Old 10-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More than a bit of specious reasoning, but okay.I was 11 and I liked fantasy stuffs.

How about you?
It's wrong? becoming more popular and growing a player base with whom? and what sort of changes need to be put in place to make that attractive.

I was 18, my friends in their 30's liked EQ, UO, Table Top and other things. I wasn't attracted to or repulsed by the game due to some ability to target something or a pet window. Those things were not there though. So if the people who are playing this understand what the project is then I don't understand what the argument is really about.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never used tab targeting in bear pits. I always used target nearest NPC.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Having to "mouse click everything" was part of the difficulty of the original game. You either got good at it or you didn't.

I never knew cycle target was a thing here until I saw Daldaen mention it a few weeks ago. I managed to get several classes to 60 including a bard without the cycle target hotkey. You can too.

Although looks like they've patched easy mode back into blue so whatever.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

I don't see why this would be bad for the server, I mean, TAKP is just SWIMMING with active players!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Closed Thread