Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Lots of Item Fixes found from 1/23/2002 Patch

I was diving on everlore.com and reading patch notes from Luclin. I found lots of things that shouldn't be functioning properly or classes that shouldn't be using specific items which need changed. Here is my compiled list:

1. Rhino Hide armor is now Druid and Monk usable. (currently on p99 it's usable by monk and druid)

2. Cloak of Thorns right click effect should work now.
(cloak of thorns clicky does in fact work on p99 currently)

3. Idol of Rallos Zek can now be used by ShadowKnights. (currently usable by SKs on p99)

4. Flayed Skin Bracer is no longer a Lore item.
(currently non-lore on p99)

5. Greaves of Avoidance can now be used by all races. (no idea which races were originally meant to wear these)

6. Quest of Nobility should now be working properly (the part that should not be functioning is listed below):

This quest warning just in from Aikadin:

"Recently I have recieved news that the Ghoulbane quest is broken. Upon hearing this, I petitioned the GM and asked if this was true. It was confirmed, but I continued on with the quest. The point where it is broken is at Kanthuk Ogrebane DO NOT GIVE HIM THE NOTE, he wont continue the NPC string for the noblemans bag. Wait for another post on whether or not it is fixed to give him ur note. Any questions send me a tell in game. Or an email DcDogWalker@yahoo.com "

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

In my opinion, the ghoulbane quest should be implemented, but not functioning properly until 1/23/2002...

References: 1/23/2002 patch:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020124...verlore.com/#6

Artelius Lightweaver 60 PAL <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 06-14-2019, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, the ghoulbane quest should be implemented, but not functioning properly until 1/23/2002...
The ghoulbane quest worked properly during summer/fall 2001. It was only briefly broken around winter 2001/2002, and was rapidly fixed with the patch you found.

Danth
Old 06-14-2019, 04:06 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ghoulbane quest worked properly during summer/fall 2001. It was only briefly broken around winter 2001/2002, and was rapidly fixed with the patch you found.

Danth
From what I’ve seen the quest npc in BBM broke November 2001 and was fixed in January. That is a fast bug fix since Luclin was being released, and I’m not sure if it’s reasonable to permanently break something even though the server is supposed to emulate the classic state at a particular time. Still undecided.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Rhino Hide armor is now Druid and Monk usable. (currently on p99 it's usable by monk and druid)
Fixed, pending update

Quote:
2. Cloak of Thorns right click effect should work now. (cloak of thorns clicky does in fact work on p99 currently)
Anyone know more about this? Did the right click effect not work at all prior to 2002?

Quote:
3. Idol of Rallos Zek can now be used by ShadowKnights. (currently usable by SKs on p99)
Fixed, pending update

Quote:
4. Flayed Skin Bracer is no longer a Lore item. (currently non-lore on p99)
Fixed, pending update

Quote:
5. Greaves of Avoidance can now be used by all races. (no idea which races were originally meant to wear these)
Fixed, pending update

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

2. Correct, it did not work at all, hence the needed fix. That’s all the info I’ve dug up currently
Old 06-19-2019, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Yes the click did not work it automatically gave you the thorns effect when putting the cloak on. Check allakhazam with more info did not need to click.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...3&p=3#comments

Jul 31 2001 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
TheUnnamedOne
Near as I can figure, this gives a permanent 1 point damage shield. But then again, that's from the SPDAT.EFF so it may not be accurate.

Otherwise, its a totally sweet cloak with the odd addition of WAR to a nature related item.

Sep 10 2001 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
trillium
2 posts

on a different note... the cloak serves as a light source, and the effect seems to be a full time 1 point damage shield. you dont click to activate it, its always on.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6423

Trillium Silveroak
Warder of Midnight Sojourn
Forest Stalker of Erollisi Marr
Old 06-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

The above poster is correct idk if it’s worth changing IMO.