Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

Default can you skill up research via combine?

i've heard conflicting reports. those who said yes though didn't confirm by experience.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:16 AM
Sarnak

You probably can as a necro/mage/enchanter.

Since magician words and components drop about 1/1000 of rhese other class, i don’t thibk it would be viable but technically, i guess you can.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since magician words and components drop about 1/1000 of rhese other class
I haven’t seen the drop tables in about 8 years, but the likelihood they have changed is pretty low. Project 1999 has been running for 10 years without people complaining about drops rates. You are (potentially) spreading such misinformation it is gross. I have been seeing lots of people selling research components in auction in the zones I am leveling in, including magician pet research. You guys just think that you should be able to kill 4 mobs and get your 4 specific research pieces immediately. The reality is that research is set up so that ALL research classes have their components dropping. You need to be trading/selling with your fellow casters. Most people are adapting. Why aren’t you?

This entire bottleneck of research components is bound to happen at a server launch. You have a massive amount of people all trying to get a few random drops at the same time. They are gonna be snatched up at vendors, snatched up in auction. People are going to hoard them even if they don’t need them. Hell there are 10 other classes that are more likely to let them rot, or even destroy them because it doesn’t pertain to their class. You need to (god have mercy) make friends and be loud. Make it known you are looking for and paying for these pieces. Stop complaining on the forums about something that is very unlikely to be broken. this has been implemented, functional, and working for 10 years. I very much doubt that someone went in and screwed magicians randomly in the days leading up to the lunch by removing magician research pieces.

Granted apparently some vendor pets were removed and there was no recipes for those pets removed which created an unfortunate bottleneck given the magician research mechanic.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t seen the drop tables in about 8 years, but the likelihood they have changed is pretty low. Project 1999 has been running for 10 years without people complaining about drops rates. You are (potentially) spreading such misinformation it is gross. I have been seeing lots of people selling research components in auction in the zones I am leveling in, including magician pet research. You guys just think that you should be able to kill 4 mobs and get your 4 specific research pieces immediately. The reality is that research is set up so that ALL research classes have their components dropping. You need to be trading/selling with your fellow casters. Most people are adapting. Why aren’t you?

This entire bottleneck of research components is bound to happen at a server launch. You have a massive amount of people all trying to get a few random drops at the same time. They are gonna be snatched up at vendors, snatched up in auction. People are going to hoard them even if they don’t need them. Hell there are 10 other classes that are more likely to let them rot, or even destroy them because it doesn’t pertain to their class. You need to (god have mercy) make friends and be loud. Make it known you are looking for and paying for these pieces. Stop complaining on the forums about something that is very unlikely to be broken. this has been implemented, functional, and working for 10 years. I very much doubt that someone went in and screwed magicians randomly in the days leading up to the lunch by removing magician research pieces.

Granted apparently some vendor pets were removed and there was no recipes for those pets removed which created an unfortunate bottleneck given the magician research mechanic.
I am 31 and have seen exactly 2 words of dimension drop and 0 words of Coercion. Dimension are sold for usually 75 - 100pp and coercion 200 - 450pp (on a brand new server...), when you can find them for sale. These prices far exceed any other class’ research components by a huge margin. Each Magician pet requires the last pet to make, so the entire process repeats and gets worse with every level. If you fail a combine you start all over again.
Last edited by WaffleztheAndal; 11-08-2019 at 08:59 AM..
Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but can you skill up research via combines though? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

You are leveling too fast... group with a few hybrids.. take it slow. get more words. Prices are so high on those words because there is a high demand. Everyone made pet classes to rush content and excluded key classes. So it's ok if key classes can profit from it.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Oh the nightmares from live. Once a mage, never again.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I had a few skillups with combines on blue server, not sure if thats in on green? I assume so. Either way, I really wouldn't count on trying to do combines for skillups, its far easier and probably cheaper just to train research at the GM.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

1/1000 was an obvious exageration the reality is more like 1/100

By your post we know you have no clue what you are talking about. Other classes components drop so much that people who wants them fill their bags and eventually have to destroy then anyway.

So yes, mages drops are defenitly NOT the dame drop rate.
You can test it out yourself, we know cause we live this fact every day we play.

Also you see mage words for sale BECAUSE they are so rare and needed. There isnt much loot worth less that other class materials so they end up vendored or destroyed ( with some exception )
Old 11-08-2019, 12:51 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/1000 was an obvious exageration the reality is more like 1/100

By your post we know you have no clue what you are talking about. Other classes components drop so much that people who wants them fill their bags and eventually have to destroy then anyway.

So yes, mages drops are defenitly NOT the dame drop rate.
You can test it out yourself, we know cause we live this fact every day we play.

Also you see mage words for sale BECAUSE they are so rare and needed. There isnt much loot worth less that other class materials so they end up vendored or destroyed ( with some exception )
I made the drop tables 10 years ago. Yes, there is 10 years for changes to potentially take effect, but the likelihood is very very low that anyone would have ever touched those tables. I still have all of the original data that went into the DB from 10 years ago. I just can’t see this working for 10 years, and suddenly on green launch it is suddenly broken. It is so incredibly unlikely. If someone did make changes, that sucks; I just highly highly doubt it.

I am also pretty sure you have no idea how statistics work because you are talking about such incredibly small sample sizes and declaring them as fact, it’s pretty hilarious.
Closed Thread