Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

hopefully they're hostile and kill us all
Old 08-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I can't fathom how the story of Jesus isn't universally interpreted as extraterrestrial intervention.
Who'd interpret it that way? The folks who believe take it at face value as-presented, and the folks who don't believe regard it as the delusional ravings of primitive fishermen. It's a fair interpretation but not one that'll have any sort of in-built audience. It's a particularly fair interpretation when you consider that any god, should such a being exist, must by definition be an extra-terrestrial being. After all, sufficiently advanced technology becomes indistinguishable from magic.

Let's go a little bit farther: Suppose it wasn't a coordinated effort from an entire alien civilization but rather a single entity's (or small group's) pet project, and that entity has either lost interest (akin to a child's abandoned ant farm) or met its demise. Bam: No more miracles, no more visions, no more revelations.

-----------------------------------------

I have no trouble believing alien lifeforms exist due to the mere reality of our own existence coupled with the vastness of the universe. The only real question amounts to rarity of such, and especially the rarity of technological civilization. The appearance technological civilization on our own world--a sample size of 1, admittedly--appears to have been something of a rare fluke considering the many hundreds of millions of years where it was just so many dumb animals running around.

Danth
Old 08-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's go a little bit farther: Suppose it wasn't a coordinated effort from an entire alien civilization but rather a single entity's (or small group's) pet project, and that entity has either lost interest (akin to a child's abandoned ant farm) or met its demise. Bam: No more miracles, no more visions, no more revelations.
nice dude, my head exploded. I also like that you are signing your posts, it's classy. -j
Old 08-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I can't fathom how the story of Jesus isn't universally interpreted as extraterrestrial intervention.
jesus taught the ancients about communism. ancient libs added the fairy tale elements so people would be tricked into not taking jesus literally.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Man I don't know what this shit is but I want to believe. Official footage published by US Navy
Old 08-05-2020, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's cool. Probably blobs cuz they're deliberately blinding overloading the sensor.

I've seen some old vhs of an interrogation of a sick grey. Cybernetic, clones like in Stargate. Passed my bullshitdar. Probably not our friends, part of a probe but we captured it and wouldn't let it go.

There's a few theories on it from the zionites in Hollywood but they all seem to disagree about its intentions.

Probably dumb to base our opinions on what is essentially a brain in a box which is sick, damaged, and only trained to operate tech, not communicate with sentience. If we could even really call ourselves remotely woke.
Closed Thread