Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

You seem to have handled the drama fairly appropriately.

You were also in the right in respect to the camp rules.

Unless you did this without mentioning it in the video, you still could have done a better job of following the play nice policy (and thus possibly avoided the drama in the first place) by talking to the monk when you first showed up, before you started to kill mobs. When you're the second player to arrive at a camp and you just starting killing stuff without establishing communication, it immediately makes your relationship with the first player adversarial in nature. Now, having encountered dozens players like Akumah who don't know the first fucking thing about the server rules, there's a really good chance this wouldn't have actually helped to avoid the problems, but it would've painted you in a much better light.

You should've at least tried to talk to him before killing the orcs. I award you the grade of B.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

do pads take you to higher levels than belts exp wise?

asking for a friend
Old 12-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Kobold

You didn't do anything wrong and you're understanding of how camp rules work is accurate.

That's typically how camp disputes go in my experience. One person is completely ignorant of the rules and expects you to abide by their made up rules and won't listen to reason or read the actual rules when you link them.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You're right I should have asked him first, even though I didn't see him fighting anything in there when I walked in. I even apologized to Akumah a couple of times in chat for killing those first few orcs, and then respected his attempt at a TR camp for the rest of the morning while trying to assert my rights to the tower as per camp rules.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Kobold

No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the contrary, all players that appear in this video should be banned! Sorry Ogre SK, collateral damage is unavoidable.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Large Bat

Imo you did nothing wrong. I cant believe I watched the who vid and that people 20 years later are still arguing over EQ camps.. first world problems I tell ya.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Akumah has informed me he will not be uploading/sharing his video or participating in this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its just you and me now Clappy! Get in here and lets duke it out mono e mono!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also no Quid Pro Quo

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 12-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Banned

Hi, I'm Occoquan. Figure out from my history if I was getting PLed by Seal Team.
Closed Thread