Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

content designed for 15 players, recruits 40. elf ptsd yowl
Old 04-29-2021, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

72 of my closest friends come Planes of Power

Thanks for the support pal
Old 04-29-2021, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottitanuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of zek is the best pvp box on emu

Change my mind

Ps. Renly is a saint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSJOeE0tNLw

If anyone is looking to try new content
I would not recommend Rise of Zek. To start from the bottom, the discord is "moderated" by a member of the biggest guild on the server, who unquestionably demonstrates bias on what is able to be said and by whom. The previous version of the server, Rise of Zek 2.0, saw population climb from 200 to 10 within days when developers and "GMs" decided to implement changes catering to players spamming and lobbying for things to benefit their side. This newer version of the server, " Legends" currently has best in slot Luclin geared characters that were geared using bard exploits allowing members to 1 shot any NPC in the game. If you would like to play Planes of Power with 20 people 6 boxing instanced content, by all means. But I personally will be playing Reign of Thule. I would like to add that Rise of Zek has implemented alot of weird custom " Drugbox " changes which features weird things like guild camps, instanced content, and pvp vendors which really takes away from the classic element of the game.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:31 AM
Aviak

why does downloading a proprietary launcher / game files seem like a bad idea to me... hmm...
Old 04-29-2021, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would not recommend Rise of Zek. To start from the bottom, the discord is "moderated" by a member of the biggest guild on the server, who unquestionably demonstrates bias on what is able to be said and by whom. The previous version of the server, Rise of Zek 2.0, saw population climb from 200 to 10 within days when developers and "GMs" decided to implement changes catering to players spamming and lobbying for things to benefit their side. This newer version of the server, " Legends" currently has best in slot Luclin geared characters that were geared using bard exploits allowing members to 1 shot any NPC in the game. If you would like to play Planes of Power with 20 people 6 boxing instanced content, by all means. But I personally will be playing Reign of Thule. I would like to add that Rise of Zek has implemented alot of weird custom " Drugbox " changes which features weird things like guild camps, instanced content, and pvp vendors which really takes away from the classic element of the game.

So far this hasn’t changed my mind. Rise of zek still the best pvp server on emu atm even if you try and make up a few lies about it. Thanks for the comment and support in rise of zek!
Old 04-29-2021, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does downloading a proprietary launcher / game files seem like a bad idea to me... hmm...
Works great, haven’t seen any complaints about it
Old 04-29-2021, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Rise of Zek strayed from what they set out to be originally. It is completely different niche server at this point. If people like it good for them but it isn't something that people from Project 1999 or others who enjoy classic Everquest are going to like.

Instances
3+ boxing
Guild camps with buffing guards/teleports
pvp points

At this point it is just a playground for the devs to create stuff they think is interesting like a devnoob server. Very niche.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of Zek strayed from what they set out to be originally. It is completely different niche server at this point. If people like it good for them but it isn't something that people from Project 1999 or others who enjoy classic Everquest are going to like.

Instances
3+ boxing
Guild camps with buffing guards/teleports
pvp points

At this point it is just a playground for the devs to create stuff they think is interesting like a devnoob server. Very niche.
I played roz briefly. I didnt really have any friends to play with and didn't totally agree with the direction of the box but it was pretty decent i think it was a success. This time I am starting out with a guild and will have allies that are (hopefully) mature and resolute i'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I don't play anything atm i'm so invovled in rl I don't even know how I will pull this off hehe.

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

i agree its not for everyone

some people are just tired of classic-velious content

emu pvp been around since 2008 and has never gone past velious so its a nice change.

i support all pvp servers tho in hopes one gets a good population
Old 04-29-2021, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

It just takes out most of the good stuff with EQ unfortunately. I assume it was to fix the low population problem but that in turn just alienates more people and hurts the population more. If you want a good pve game with instances there is a lot of competition. There isn't a classic-kunark EQ pvp option out there right now so pretty much any new box is going to be able to get some attention.
Closed Thread