Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default Fingon, we'll miss ya..

It is with a deep sadness that I inform the server community of the death of one of our long-time members, Fingon. Sadly, Fingon was involved in an automobile accident and died on Thursday, August 16, 2018.

Fingon was one of my first choices as an officer of <Taken> when I assumed the guild leader position and he remained an officer for the many years that I was there. I knew from my previous interactions with him that he was what we needed in the leadership. He had a wealth of knowledge about Everquest, having spent many years playing it when it was first launched and above all, was always a mature, honest and fair person with great integrity. He always supported the guild’s direction (even when he disagreed) and always voiced his opinion on issues being decided. He worked tirelessly behind the scenes and developed strategies to overcome some new encounters which we as a guild were having difficulty with. He was a great raid leader and loved what he did on P99.

Of course, the majority of us who knew Fingon will remember how much fun he was to group and raid with. He was always ready to stop what he was doing to help others with a CR, a quest or to give them a port. Fingon really loved raiding with the guild and he was a pleasure to have lead the raids. I can’t count the number of times that we had a great laugh with Fingon while raiding when he’d make some slight misjudgment and wind up getting the unwanted attention of mobs we were fighting (usually right after admonishing the guild members to be careful and don’t draw agro!). Cromcruach reminded me of the time we were raiding sky and Fingon was cautioning people to be careful around the edges of the island, followed a moment later with “oh shit, I fell off!” Laughter ensued and we of course, never let Fingon forget these moments.

Thank you for taking time to remember our lost friend. He will be sorely missed.
-----------------------
Old 08-24-2018, 03:16 PM
Banned

Sorry for your loss.

Sounded like a good dude.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

I know words are not much in tough or sad times; but just hearing about such a cool person and the fun had is always a great way to be remembered and thank you for sharing the memories. Very sorry to hear of the loss.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Banned

Never knew him, but my apologies man. Like S.C says above- Sounded like a good dude. R.i.p boss.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Fingon was a great guy, He made you smile every time you loged on.
Our guild members figured out that if we could trick him to take a DT intentionally or unintentionally, we could be sure that we would get great loot during our raids. (sometimes our members help with making sure that "something" happened just to play it safe) never once did I hear him get angry over anything ingame.
Always kind and helpful.

He will be missed!
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Ill never forget the time he told everyone to jump out of Sky for a raid target then seconds later says No wait!

Just so many memories being on raids w this guy and even all the behind the scenes stuff he did as an officer. Amazing friend with countless memories and he even had his own catch phrases. One of a kind who will be missed but his legend will remain alive.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't know him but very sad to hear this. Always sucks losing a friend and solid member of the community.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Words can't express how sad I felt when I heard this. He really was a big character in the guild and an amazing friend. He will be missed.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

I remember Fingon all throughout the <Taken> days... solid dude who had a lot to offer. Sorry to hear of this news and the loss the community has suffered. Was always fun to talk with as he was indeed quite the character. All the best to his family and friends!
Old 08-24-2018, 04:49 PM
Kobold

We shall never see his like again, and now his watch is ended.
Closed Thread