Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 04:34 PM
Large Rat

Default Looking for tips on Crusader Test of Pain #2

This is something I've never managed to do anytime I try an Iksar SK, getting that Squire's Khukri. It's not the grind, it's the fact that Raiders seem to be hard to find in that bloody swamp, and even when I find one it's even odds some red monstrosity comes along and obliterates me. My last time trying this, I ended up losing 2 levels from all the deaths I was getting hit with.

The quest guide on P1999 says hang around the bandit camp near the entrance to Field of Bone, but I looked and saw no Frogloks but plenty of bandit types and hordes of lethal red monsters wandering around all over the place.

This character is lvl 12, just got Meditate and still three levels from next tier spells. Mainly using a magic spear a kind soul gave me, a targ shield, and wearing full rhino-hide with a couple reinforced pieces.

Any tips on where to look for froglok raiders? How to avoid getting steamrolled by wandering death beasts while looking for raiders?
Old 11-29-2021, 06:39 PM
Kobold

sir i have no perspective about your situation other than nothing but if you are losing two levels at level 12 from dieing then i think you are doing something wrong and deserve it
Old 11-30-2021, 09:44 AM
Large Rat

Well I suppose I should have been more clear, the last time I tried this quest was a couple years ago, and I think I tried it at lvl 10.

And I would appreciate actually helpful tips and info other than "DURHUR GIT GUD"
Old 11-30-2021, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Distribution of mobs in SONH on p1999 isn't very classic. There is a thread about it.

I suggest you do some research on how the zone was classically, such as path regions of the mobs you want, submit it to that thread and hope one of the devs feels it is worthy of their time and attention.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Bah, DE War with all points in Cha is the true test of pain.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Try to get some potg from your local dial a port druid. That should do it for ya.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 12-02-2021, 06:25 AM
Sarnak

They do wander around the outskirts of that camp. I just killed every wandering mob I could around the camp area.

It's is a very frustrating section of this quest, needing so many lore drops from the same mob and the Rec Con mobs everywhere. I died plenty of times when I did it too.

Just have to stick at it i'm afraid.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidredneck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I suppose I should have been more clear, the last time I tried this quest was a couple years ago, and I think I tried it at lvl 10.

And I would appreciate actually helpful tips and info other than "DURHUR GIT GUD"
I've got you fam.

At level 12 you're definitely able to do the quest but it's gonna be harder than dolemite. I can help you out with some druid buffs to make the process quicker, but I highly recommend gaining a few more levels - ideally get to 20 - then reattempt this. You'll find more of the wanderers will be blue or green and much more manageable.

I solo'd the quest back in 2014 around lvl 22 and it was a safe camp. Even if something goes wrong, you can cast Clinging Darkness and outrun any enemies back to Cabilis which is a short jog to the west.

Please hit me up in game or here with any questions you have, always happy to help another IKS SHD.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxchris509 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to get some potg from your local dial a port druid. That should do it for ya.
This is the way.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Lvl up and try later. Go exp in Kurns Tower and when that is no longer good around 20-25 leave and re attempt quest.
Closed Thread