Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Default Reaching Siren's Grotto eastern temple

So I posted in a previous thread (now closed): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=370772 for help with dungeon crawling in Siren's Grotto with my friends.

So far, we managed to kill a Molkor with a level 58 magician, 59 druid, 60 paladin and 51 cleric near the WW zoneline. When we tried going for the swordfishes, we aggroed a pather out of the water but I think we will be able to try again.

Concerning sirens, I think our best bet is to reach the eastern temple and hunt sirens in the water. According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryCnAXK958 they shouldn't be too hard to kill with a druid/mage duo, and even easier with our other friends. However, the hard part is reaching this part of the zone.

According to this guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Siren_Hunting it can be done by swimming and jumping out of the water periodically to clear aggro. The other, day, I tried, and could barely get past the first choke point, which leads to "middle area" between entrance and eastern temple, jump out of the water, and died about 5 meters in this area.

Now, I want to try again. One thing I might try is to use my pet/eye of zomm to pull the first seahorses away from the choke point. However, one thing that I noticed is that the mob who killed me was an enthralled bulthar. I have no idea where it comes from (didn't even see it before dying, but saw the damage). Since it isn't a fish, it won't stop following me if I jump out of the water. My questions are therefore:

1) Any tips on how to reach the eastern temple? The Siren hunting guide says it requires practice. How can I succeed with the least amounts of trial/error (need a necro to summon my corpse every time).

2) Any idea on where this bulthar comes from? How do I avoid aggroing it?

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 11-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately, you need a better class composition for that. No slows, no enchanter, etc...just going to be a lesson in futility.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Kobold

But I have seen people solo the single-pullable sirens under the eastern temple. Is this not possible? And how do they reach this area? Do we really need a full group to fight our way up to the spot?

RED
Old 11-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

You've seen enchanters do that.

These mobs hit extremely hard. Your clerics mana is going to evaporate without a slow and some form of mana regen.

Is it possible? Maybe...but to what end? What is the goal of this expedition?
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-08-2021 at 01:19 PM..
Old 11-08-2021, 01:56 PM
Kobold

The goal is to hunt Neriads to farm https://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Sea_Shell for the 7th coldain shawl quest.

As I said, I have seen videos of druids soloing there (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryCnAXK958), so if a druid can solo, I'm pretty sure a druid/mage duo could handle it.

Concerning how to reach the spot, I have just found this video while searching for evidence of druid soloing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXUXc-ekGw

I think this will be my next try!

RED
Old 11-08-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Toxigen knows his stuff. I’m interested to see how this pans out. Keep us posted!
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-08-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Most (all?) Molkors don't see invis. If you don't get hit, you may be able to water-dance all the way to the temple.

And don't just pop out of the water here and there...bounce along the top of it by angling your camera upward. Pop pop pop pop! like like that.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Like mentioned above. You can invis / water jump through without too much trouble.

By the looks of your team the best bet would be the druid charming a seahorse and tanking with it. Pally as a healer. Rough in there without slows.

If you are really struggling to get down, find me in game, Europa have a coth mage parked down there for Shawl/Gem farming sessions and I coth your mage down
Old 11-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Thanks everyone for the tips! I can't wait to try it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Harvest, thank you so much for the offer, but I really really want to succeed on this one on my own! If I change my mind, I'll make sure to send you a message.

Concerning parking a CotH mage there, how would one target people to join the group? I'm guessing the mage would bind at the eastern temple shore and summon an eye of zomm and OT hammer off of it? Is this how it works? Or would the level 1 eye aggro the icy servants and sirens around the temple?

Cheers!

RED
Old 11-08-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

I bet their coth mage has an Orrnate Velium Pendant. He clicks Alliance on a mob, swims to the entrance, joins group, high-fives a walrusman, waltzes back to the temple, and COTHs people in. Or you can have a bard/enc/OVP-equipped character swim from one to the other to form the group.
Closed Thread