Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're making so many false assumptions.

First off, when Green 2.0 rolls around, I plan to main an Enchanter. Any "nerfs" to the class will have already been added by the time I play it, so if I'm advocating to "nerf anyone" ... it's myself.

Why would I want to play a nerfed class? Well, why do I want to do anything on this re-creation of a game from '99? Because it's fun, and because I didn't get a chance to back in '99. But I want that experience I missed out in '99, I don't want to play some other fake game where Enchanters have unfair powers: that'd be like playing with cheat modes on.

But beyond all of that, you are woefully mistaken if you think I have any power or influence over Nilbog. That man respects evidence, plain and simple, and if he's making changes, it's because someone presented him with evidence. Someone like ... Dolalin.

Which brings me to my final point: if you want blame anyone, blame Dolalin. Blame him for doing what Nilbog asked for (ie. what posters like you and myself are too lazy to do): he presented evidence that proved Enchanters here were unclassic.

Or you could thank him, for taking the kid gloves off for you, and letting you play actual EverQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're not going off Dolalin's research on this; they're going off Torven's*.

* The research: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=266999
** The statement that they're planning to use it: https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...62/#post-99583
Old 11-21-2021, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Oh that is some cool research! I wonder if the +4 level mod on charm is already in p1999. Will be nice to be added in if it isn’t!
Old 11-22-2021, 12:23 PM
Aviak

I heard that they're going to raise the effective level of Enchanter Charm by +4 because of some evidence? Awesome! Enchanter is a beloved EQ class and its always nice to see it getting more love.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just post your wiki guide response and keep it moving. You complain more then anybody here and always seem to play victim when people can't take your shit anymore.
lmfao ya'll remember when big ROG raged at this guy for doing.. what he always does? Shit was pretty epic.

Anyone who claims p99 isn't classic because xyz is a gigantic, and I mean colossal nerd. Considering the other option of playing this era... is to play live, where the absolute abomination of what is the commonlands and freeport exist. I don't think rooted dragons is the answer, but I don't fucking complain about it endlessly, I give my opinion and respond if somebody responds to my opinion. Then move on.

I've spoken to a shit load of enchanters who played live, you know, the ones that actually raided and belonged to enchanter only forums, and they pretty much unanimously claim that charming back then was very similar, and that it was a lack of knowledge that was the issue. I played live - I don't even think I knew enchanters could charm NPCs. I knew they gave clarity and haste. Because I was 10. And that's why i asked just about everyone I could who raided back then. Because I recognize that I wouldn't know. But if you ask Loramin, every guild on every server rotated every mob.

Still appreciate his guides though lmao, he's done good things for the community, but jesus man learn to read the room.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who claims p99 isn't classic because xyz is a gigantic, and I mean colossal nerd.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

When is this change supposed to be implemented? It didn't get pushed into this most recent patch did it? So far I can't tell a difference on my enchanter.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Banned

I would probably pay $1000 just to log into the real classic again for 1 month just to see all u nerds STFU and realize how not classic these servers are, god bless its soul :d

It is as classic as it gets and a far cry better than 99% of everything else if not the best version of EQ available.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:07 PM
Banned

They wouldn't do it unless it was a nerf. They aren't going to do anything to make enchanters stronger

It will be a nerf
Closed Thread