Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-30-2021, 12:03 AM
Banned

@yendor all content on p99 is trivial already

@solist Who gets to decide what the spirit of the game is? You? Devs? I raided at a high level from velious through depths of darkhollow across 2 servers in era. We never had guilds competing for content because there was always 1 top dog guild and 1 or 2 lesser guilds doing content an expansion or two behind. So the raid scene on blue violates the spirit of EQ to me so we should change it. Right?

You don't get to decide what the spirit of the game is to all people. Everyone has their own thoughts an opinions on what the spirit of the game is and they can operate under those opinions with their actions within the context of 1 to 1 classic functionality. That's Everquest. EQ was always people pushing the envelope and seeing what new cheese strategy they could come up with, what ways could we break in the game this week after the most recent patch? Casuals that didn't raid in era probably had no idea that was happening at a high level but they had one thing in common with the high end raiders. They played in the exact same sandbox, by the exact same rules.

Everything on p99 that has been changed to an unclassic state to preserve some perceived "spirit of classic everquest" is a joke. You can never experience what classic everquest was like unless you never played it to begin with, and even if that's the case you certainly won't experience classic everquest on any p99 server.

There are so many things on p99 that were just blatantly made up and fabricated by the devs because they didn't have the code so those things were unknowable. Even some stuff that we've found crystal clear in era evidence of the devs won't change for whatever reason because they just continue to ignore it. Like the unclassic state of Sleeper's Tomb.

This server, it's devs, it's raid scene, and the gm's are a joke.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

I'm not advocating for anything except to either complete the nerf from last year; and nerf all the items. Or undo the nerf.

Either is fine. But it's annoying that the nerf achieved zero, nothing changed. Not one intentional target of the nerf (raid item exploitation) was hit, we just moved on to different items.

Finish the job, or undo it.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

I'm not sure why you're including the wands: I don't see any intent in the original changes to make instant click tagging expensive or impossible.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure why you're including the wands: I don't see any intent in the original changes to make instant click tagging expensive or impossible.
So they changed root nets for no reason, which at the time were the PRIMARY tagging item in all pull situations. They were, and it had been the case for 7 years or so up to that point. You would successively just put more clicks in as you needed to overaggro the previous person.

It was common for some mobs to come in frontloaded with 3-4 net clicks into them and not go onto the MT until the 4th mallet click.

Wands have replaced nets directly, except with less usefulness.

Flux staffs have replaced wands in higher aggro demand situations.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flux staff needs a cast time. Add it to your list.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flux staff needs a cast time. Add it to your list.
Nah, the mechanics of the game should dictate game play. The GMs should not be carving out exceptions for items.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@solist Who gets to decide what the spirit of the game is? You? Devs?
I literally posted the context of the item nerfs from Rogean himself. The spirit of the nerf was to not have certain items trivialize content or bypass the aggro mechanics of the game. It stands to reason that if it was an incomplete list of items, that the rest of the items that are being used in the same manner should be nerfed in a similar fashion.

Anyone crying about that is clearly using these items as a crutch. Besides, you just claimed all the content is trivial, so the impact of nerfing the remaining items should be negligible.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-30-2021, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the mechanics of the game should dictate game play. The GMs should not be carving out exceptions for items.
The point of this thread is to either roll back the changes or to make the changes equal across the board. There should not be an option to leave flux staff the way it is while making all other items equal.

We either need a cast time on flux staff in addition to the rest of the changes recommended in this thread or we need to roll the rest back.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they changed root nets for no reason, which at the time were the PRIMARY tagging item in all pull situations. They were, and it had been the case for 7 years or so up to that point. You would successively just put more clicks in as you needed to overaggro the previous person.

It was common for some mobs to come in frontloaded with 3-4 net clicks into them and not go onto the MT until the 4th mallet click.

Wands have replaced nets directly, except with less usefulness.

It looks to me like root nets were nerfed for their part as an aggro tool, intentionally leaving us with only low aggro tagging clickies.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally posted the context of the item nerfs from Rogean himself. The spirit of the nerf was to not have certain items trivialize content or bypass the aggro mechanics of the game. It stands to reason that if it was an incomplete list of items, that the rest of the items that are being used in the same manner should be nerfed in a similar fashion.

Anyone crying about that is clearly using these items as a crutch. Besides, you just claimed all the content is trivial, so the impact of nerfing the remaining items should be negligible.
All p99 content is trivial and has been for a long long time before any clicky items got nerfed. Forgive me if I don't care about what rogean thinks is the spirit of EQ. He's too busy raiding the plane of time on aradune to put any time and energy into p99 and it's many issues.