Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to say it was a good thing either, but I always wished they could've made the zone plugged char pop on the other side on VZTZ. If Rogean can do this, I won't miss the glory land.

This way mass PvP will finally end (eventually) and it wont be a zone plugging war for hours.
Agreed. I really don't care either way, just here for the luls of seeing people say LOLINEVERPLUGGED

I feel like what Rogean is talking about was once a feature on a previous box, maybe during the Virulent/Heresy days when everyone and their mother was AE'ing zone lines.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. I really don't care either way, just here for the luls of seeing people say LOLINEVERPLUGGED

I feel like what Rogean is talking about was once a feature on a previous box, maybe during the Virulent/Heresy days when everyone and their mother was AE'ing zone lines.
I believe that was more of poor mechanics/code. Where when you zoned, your char could be damaged by (only?) AoEs before you actually appeared on the other side. The server registered the user in the zone, but clients could not physically see their opponents and people were raining the zone line, but the client's side never completely loaded in. When they finally zoned in they were dead or down a few hundred HP.

If Rogean can write code to detect when a person "plugs", force the character model to pop on the other side, and just fight back similiar to an NPC that would be perfect. Not some OP rampaging NPC like VZTZ had where you could exploit your glory lands and destroy a whole raid.. haha.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Orc

I've never plugged and don't really care if someone plugs on me or at all. I just think it's stupid when people try to talk shit about their opponent plugging when they likely plug to avoid a PvP death themselves on a frequent basis (this happens all the time).
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Littlegyno/Biggyno/Dongshow/Feces probably plugged their way into the glory land over 2000 times.

Not letting you have the YT dogs.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Orc

ive never plugged
Munchin/Vinaden<Legends> LoZ
Vinaden Bloodfin-Elder Jedi SWG
Vinaden-Scout <Legion of Vallon> Shadowbane
Trales/Viggles- DAOC- Palomides <Stonewall> <Krieger>
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive never plugged
I never did either until Xantille and Zzoj taught me.
Thanks bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

i rained the shit out of many zonelines.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Best is having a leet box and zoning days before the opposition, popping duelist when they zone over and before they have control of their char, and lawlz.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I didn't start zoneplugging real bad untill 3.0. on 1.0 I didn't zoneplug ONCE during item loot era as a rogue in classic, I had balls of steel + no life so I had every single base covered in 90% of fights. I did lose my planar bp once from a tzt gank squad in innothule swamp there was 5 or 6 and a fucking root landed as i was zoning into guk.

Man 1.0....good times. I remember I ganked arimides at EE camp and snagged his ethereal mist BP. Linked that shit in ooc and talked so much smack. Then 5 minutes later Kable ganks rexx's cleric in solB and loots his ethereal mist BP and ooc's it. Such lulz.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Nova and crew had a wicked rain squad with sanlaven and a few others at the end of 1.0. I remember my barbarian shaman was sporting like 240 cold resist and I would load into like 8 resists of Tears of Prexus and rape face with Bane. $$$