Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default General PvP Issues

Some things I was wondering about...whether or not they were going to be addressed in Red99.

1) Water bug/hill ghosting
2) Rez box (training issue)
3) Pet resists
4) Jousting (are you increasing melee range?)
5) Melee mitigation and damage adjusted for PvP?

I'm sure there's a lot more...these are just a couple things I remember being problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 08-25-2011 at 09:00 PM..
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Banned

We need beta to find out a lot of this
Old 08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Kobold

Yep, especially the melee mitigation. But I think they will "go classic", which seems to mean rape the melee classes, so expect to be hitting for 2-5 damage and "you can't see your target", "your target is out of range"..
Old 08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Two different druids cast stinging swarm on a player. Will they stack?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not certain where that silly melee mitigation concept came from, but there never was melee mitigation for EQ and the first two expansions.

The 66% spell mitigation came in at some point, but don't quote me when. Melee mitigation never happened. a 40% rule for hits/ spells came into effect after Velious, I believe too, but that was more for the purpose of Manaburn/ Lifeburn/ DT.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Banned

Ogres not having immunity to frontal kick stuns would be an issue to raise.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Salty;375352]Two different druids cast stinging swarm on a player. Will they stack?

If I remimber correct they did stack...That sound of snare alway stuck in my head Friggin druid lol
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not certain where that silly melee mitigation concept came from, but there never was melee mitigation for EQ and the first two expansions.
You're absolutely right.

AC class was reduced in PvP on live...and some of this other stuff was addressed too...all around the same timeline, which was well past Velious.

The idea here though is not to stick to classic for PvP issues imo, because SOE took forever to take care of stuff. I mean, they really didn't care much about the PvP servers, they just wanted the subs, lol. Red99 should be much better than live was in that respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The 66% spell mitigation came in at some point, but don't quote me when. Melee mitigation never happened. a 40% rule for hits/ spells came into effect after Velious, I believe too, but that was more for the purpose of Manaburn/ Lifeburn/ DT.
This sounds about right. On all the recent vztz emus, etc, melee and spell damage is a decent amount higher than it should be, so they had mitigation inserted to combat this through pvp. I am pretty darn sure that P99 uses the original damage tables and so spell and melee damage are already a lot lower than on most the pvp mitigation servers. All I can see this doing is making pve harder which sounds good to me. At P99 damage tables I would hope there was at least no melee mitigation.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogres not having immunity to frontal kick stuns would be an issue to raise.
It was a game trait fro Orges,Why would you want change that?
Closed Thread