Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken said pretty much everything I feel, except I still feel PVP should have yellowtext serverwide, everyone is overestimating how populated this server will be.
Fucking drop it already, it's just sad at this point.

Good post Sirken.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken said pretty much everything I feel, except I still feel PVP should have yellowtext serverwide, everyone is overestimating how populated this server will be. Even P99 feels like a ghost town in most zones, red99 will be probably half the pop, and p99 is maybe 30% the pop. of a normal live server during 1999.
I still think you guys want to penis wave and screenshot yellow texts which really no one but you guys cared about.

Big smedy don't give a flying fuck about either the kill board or the yellow text, i just play the game.

I think yellow text world wide gives away to much information on what's going on inside the zone, since anonymous will work (fucking about time) the killshot information would be a complete give away to "when to zone in cuz guild A and B are fighting"...

I think zone wide yellow text would be nice though, if you're in the zone, you're risking getting killed, which means you should have access to the information given.

Quote:
The other issue that really needs to be considered is the fact that when copying classic pvp mechanics, you are dealing with a 'non classic' population aware of every trick and abuse to pvp mechanics from back in the day, if you feel that player charming and fearing and that sort of thing makes the game more classic, you will quickly destroy the dreams of a red server. Egg shaped pumice and items of that nature were ok on live because a small minority of players were 'in the know' on how to pvp, and prepare for pvp. Here, the elite comprises of 80% of the population that will be playing.
I tend to agree that some items that were in Classic everquest should be altered for the reason you said. They worked on live simply because people didn't know about them, here everyone will know, and everyone will exploit them to the maximum, which will ruin the game.

Otherwise i'm very anti changing anything, but some stuff like instant cast pumice makes the game shitty.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

If there is coin loot I think it would be awesome to have a vault in EC tunnel. Would make a reason to go there and not get all your coin ganked.

XP loss I also think is pretty decent. If you go afk on a pvp server and your bind point is an easy find, then it really is your own damn fault. And xp is easily replaceable unlike certain items. Its also fun to know that when you kill someone you do fk their leveling up a bit, even at 50 it will be nice to have to go xp a bit after big pvp fights etc. Reason to keep playing imo.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Aviak

So mitic, you care so much about pvp that you left a pvp server to play a blue server to kill dragons on a list, to tell everyone how much you want to pvp, to then hang around the pvp section of a forum to tell a gm of a server to care more about a server that you left. Nobody wanted to keep vz/tz going and that's no fault of sirkens, it's because it was as shithole.

I read half of sirkens post, my attention span is only half the size of my penis, but i mostly agree with him since he was one of the few in the staff that had brain cells.

I like yellow text, it lets the rest of the internet see how much i ruined someones life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“any actions deemed detrimental to the server, it’s population of players and/or staff, are always considered against the rules and will result in your account being banned from the server”
PvP servers need less GM interaction, not more. This gives GMs open range to interfere as they will. Sirken, sober up before you post this trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And last for real, don’t let these players troll you guys into making bad decisions, they are very good at what they do (see: ninja trolls), and they will try to get you to make certain changes under false pretenses or with ulterior motives in mind.
This is truth. Dont let the fags like Macken and Lethdar that are poor PvP'ers, and have zero friends or social skills troll you into babysitting for them. They sow'd the oats, let them reap the rewards.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP servers need less GM interaction, not more. This gives GMs open range to interfere as they will. Sirken, sober up before you post this trash.
I disagree. Don't do things that are detrimental to the server and you won't have anything to worry about.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Sirken was the best gm vztz ever had. Most will agree.

But that doesn't mean he has a clue when it comes to pvp. He even admits it to a certain extent in paragraph 2.

He seems to have done the assignment but didn't learn the lesson.

As Far as PvP deaths: your approach is wrong. You can't keep catering to the guys who aren't pvpr's in the first place. They cry about not being that great at pvp, you dumb it down, they quit anyway. If they were going to stay, they would adapt, improve and come back stronger. If you need to lower the bar for your population, then that's your clue you don't have one.

Loot and Scoot LNS: Sorry Sirken, it's gotta be said. I TOLD YOU SO
I posted this same topic on VZTZ forums about 3 years ago. You could have done it the easy way, but you chose to believe that you knew more than those who had experience. I've said it dozens of times. Staff has no business getting involved in pvp.

Zone Plugging: Some people crash often when they zone. Hopefully, this server is more stable and that won't happen as much. If it does, expect alot of quitting just on this one "fix".

Playnice: Playing nice is for Hello Kitty. You did see that this is supposed to be a pvp server where everyone will be KILLING others right? You sure you are on the right forum? Just the thought of not understanding this shows that despite being the best we had, you have alot to learn about the nature of pvp, it's adherants and their characteristics and behavior. Again, as pertaining to this topic, GMs have no business in pvp in the first place, and always regret getting involved. I knew why, you had to learn why, now spread the wisdom bro.

PvP level range: discouraging pvp, no matter how you do it, on a pvp server is obtuse. Again, you are catering to the players that aren't going to play long anyway. If they were, then they would adapt. Since they don't have it in them to pick themselves up by their own bootstraps, then you doing it for them, won't help. If you don't believe me, try it in real life and get back to me on how it turned out.

Global ooc and YT: Desperately needed to build interest and keep it. Obviously, at some point, if the population rises, you would need to change maybe. Again, the misguided idea, that you are going to somehow "save" everyone is shortsighted and ignorant. You aren't saving anyone, you are just running off people from a pvp server who pvp.

Punishment: exactly.

PS: exactly
Last edited by Macken; 08-27-2011 at 12:48 AM..
Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Don't do things that are detrimental to the server and you won't have anything to worry about.
The entire basis of EQ PvP is detrimental... you spawn with no gear, after losing whatever camp / mob you were at. With a possible hour long run back to where you cant even get your corpse without help all the while possibly dying again...

What game are you wanting to play?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff has no business getting involved in pvp. They will continue to do so until someone like me rubs their nose in it so much that they finally quit like you were forced to do.
This is pretty much what I have been saying for a week+ in more than a couple threads.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire basis of EQ PvP is detrimental... you spawn with no gear, after losing whatever camp / mob you were at. With a possible hour long run back to where you cant even get your corpse without help all the while possibly dying again...

What game are you wanting to play?
You're an idiot.
Closed Thread