Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't come to the conclusion most of us have, yet? VZTZjects don't know what anything is like or was like, outside of that failbox.
the biggest problem in my opinion is that most of the vztz people have never played on Rogeans server (p99), and so they really are not familiar with how that works. they have not played on a box that could be as live like as P99, and so they do not understand that R99 will most likely be exactly the same as a EQLive PvP server back before kunark (minus the obvious exploits/dupes that will be fixed from jump street). but i mean, any custom features like yellow text, leaderboards, and zone wide ooc will most likely not exist because those features are not from the era. (and dont nobody spew crap about Sullon Zek, that was a cess pool made up of mostly scumbags that thought they know how to pvp because they could train, oh and SZ didnt exist in 1999)

the VZTZ crowd still strongly believe that (like VZTZ server always was) the R99 server will just be a mad rush to level cap and then, commence the frag fest like a FPS (ie: CoD Black Ops). they have not yet realized that the majority of the P99 players heading over there are doing so to simply play EQ but with PvP turned on... that is very different than just PvPing on an EQ server. the blue guilds will probably not be going zone to zone to slay the world, they will EQ and PvP "as needed" whereas the VZTZ guilds will be PvPing and will do PvE if/when needed.

the "cool" kids from VZTZ will most likely make up the "evil PKer guilds" all the blue forum warriors will either become the antiPKers, or helpless victims that simply cannot understand that they will literally have to defend their camps, or why anyone would want to attack them without a "reason".

n'joy!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

this is harrison:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:lamb in wolf mask
Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Banned

Do you want to fuck with a wolf with huge horns?

Didn't think so.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it.. LEAVE it in?...It was never there to begin with.. what makes you think it was?

I don't understand why so many people are using that context...
because most of us have played for years with it and most of us arent as concerned with having the server the way it was on release in 99 we just want to pvp in the classic era. i respect your p99 and the whole project as a whole but the pvp community just wants to kill people and we want everyone to know when we kill them,
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Project Manager

We are not recreating VZTZ.

VZTZ 'regulars(?)', you may be the most vocal majority on the forums at the moment, but at r99 server release, you won't be the majority of the playerbase.

Do not have this expectation.

sources: p99 project manager, pvper, former vztz player
Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

VZTZ 'regulars(?)', you may be the most vocal majority on the forums at the moment, but at r99 server release, you won't be the majority of the playerbase.

Do not have this expectation.

sources: p99 project manager, pvper, former vztz player
stop hating on us he asked why we used that context i explained its quite simple none of us has asked or expects you to recreate tz/vz i think we expect a much more stable and working server as a whole
Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it.. LEAVE it in?...It was never there to begin with.. what makes you think it was?

I don't understand why so many people are using that context...
It's because their EQ PvP experience evolves around VZTZ 1.0-3.0 boxes and not actual live Classic EverQuest.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All 12 of them are having a very hard time understanding this it seems.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because their EQ PvP experience evolves around VZTZ 1.0-3.0 boxes and not actual live Classic EverQuest.
i was savra <hate> on live i played on the hardest pvp server out till merge... all of us played live man.. your taking 2 points and combining them, were talking about things that effect population on an emulated server so were talkin about past emu servers if rogean was starting a live server we would talk about live
Old 08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperfire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was savra <hate> on live i played on the hardest pvp server out till merge... all of us played live man.. your taking 2 points and combining them, were talking about things that effect population on an emulated server so were talkin about past emu servers if rogean was starting a live server we would talk about live
Well, unfortunately for you I believe Red99 is going to be "classic classic" and not just "classic era." I could be wrong.

This topic has been beaten to death. PvP, in and of itself, is incentive enough. All you need is the ability to fight other players. It doesn't need to be incentivized: this is not shit box 5.0. The "gotta make PvP Happen™" train of thought spawned during the box days when there was 60 people on a server and the majority of the community wanted as many FPS aspects into the game as they could incorporate as the sole objective was just to fight. As bad as the 12 of you want it, that will not be the sole objective here. Maybe for you it is, but not the majority. And feel free to play that way, by all means, it's a PvP server for fuck's sake and it will need it's PK crowd. But Red99 isn't catering to them.
Closed Thread