Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel that I am owed an explenation about this - this would be like if idk, matt gaetzz just setup a meeting in iran and just didnt answer questinos when people asked about it.

he could be goign there for humanitarian resons sure, but he could be goign there t build an ironman suit or something idk either way he shouldnt be allowed to just do that.
I mean, if we're being honest, this is American politics so ... some Taiwanese businessperson probably donated to her campaign fund, and so she's pushing the pro-Taiwan angle extra hard for them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But still, it's not like she's making some radical foreign policy change because of that ... she's just annoying China at a moment that Biden maybe would rather she didn't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Well lets just wait and make sure that this time the president of china threatens the president of the united states to his face that he was just kidding, before we start saying she's not making some radical foreign policy change.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the plan might be, "well there's no going back now, so lets all pretend nobody knows what's going on"?

Well, that's the most honest guess IMO (I bet the original reason had to do with what Evia said though).

Does this make us look stronger though? Or stupider...
Dunno. This whole situation is kind of baffling to be honest and seemed to come out of nowhere. But in the end once China told her to not do it, she had to do it in order to make it clear that China can't tell us what to do. It would have been the same for any elected US official of relative import that got the same warning. The winning move was for her to never have scheduled it in the first place.

This is a nothingburger anyways. China isn't going to invade Taiwan over this. Even the most anal retentive pooh-bear enthusiast knows that's insane. In the end Nancy grandstands for... who knows what and China will do some pointless drills around Taiwan that are just saber rattling to save face after having their bluff called.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Haha we said that about HK

I honestly dont know why they wouldn't, what is the worst that would happen to them?

What are we gonna fund two proxy wars?

Maybe engage in two fronts?

They have us by the balls.

We cant live with out them more than they cant live without us.

They'll just convert all the merch manufacturing into bullets and sell them to everyone.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Not convinced they could actually take and hold Taiwan in the first place tbh.

Naval invasions are hard and the Chinese navy is pathetic.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

I have to take the people online word that the Chinese military is pathetic, because the videos they produce look sick.

Cant forget that we blew up a car of kids and lost like idk what 13 soldiers trying to get out of Afghanistan?

Our videos look sick too though.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not convinced they could actually take and hold Taiwan in the first place tbh.

Naval invasions are hard and the Chinese navy is pathetic.
How could we stop them? Anti ship missiles can make sure we can’t resupply Taiwan. I’m not saying it would be easy, but China is massive and frankly we can’t control the pacific.

Of course it means WW3 and I plan on scalping at least 100 Chinese in retaliation for challenging the Empire’s primacy, but let’s be realistic. China isn’t Russia or Venezuela
Old 08-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nancy and her husband bought a bunch of stock in chips recently, yeah?
isnt taiwan the number 1 chip manufacturer worldwide?
By far

Who doesn’t own TSMC stock dude they’re like 5% of international index funds

If you have a 401k you own them probably
Old 08-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could we stop them? Anti ship missiles can make sure we can’t resupply Taiwan. I’m not saying it would be easy, but China is massive and frankly we can’t control the pacific.

Of course it means WW3 and I plan on scalping at least 100 Chinese in retaliation for challenging the Empire’s primacy, but let’s be realistic. China isn’t Russia or Venezuela
I wouldn't worry

The top brass is making sure our military is getting their drag shows in preparation for WW3
Old 08-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

PS: TSMC is building a $12 billion plant in AZ because our dumb asses can’t build chips anymore