Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't worry

The top brass is making sure our military is getting their drag shows in preparation for WW3
You can’t stop ICBMs or anti ship missiles

I mean maybe Israel could
Old 08-02-2022, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could we stop them? Anti ship missiles can make sure we can’t resupply Taiwan. I’m not saying it would be easy, but China is massive and frankly we can’t control the pacific.

Of course it means WW3 and I plan on scalping at least 100 Chinese in retaliation for challenging the Empire’s primacy, but let’s be realistic. China isn’t Russia or Venezuela
I'm not saying we really have to stop them. Big on the map doesn't mean invincible. Launching a naval invasion on a rocky ass, fairly highly populated island that has a high GDP and has spent the last 70 years knowing that this day was going to come is a monumental exercise.

But all of this is academic because China isn't going to do it in the first place. Nobody wins if they have to glass or burn Taiwan to the ground. Not even China.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can’t stop ICBMs or anti ship missiles

I mean maybe Israel could
idk I been wondering this and a lot of people been telling me that it's more difficult to sink a ship than It thought.

https://www.quora.com/Can-you-sink-a...-a-single-ICBM

But idk what about moskovia? Wasnt that like a shoulder mounted rocket that sank that? Id have to look it up.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk I been wondering this and a lot of people been telling me that it's more difficult to sink a ship than It thought.

https://www.quora.com/Can-you-sink-a...-a-single-ICBM

But idk what about moskovia? Wasnt that like a shoulder mounted rocket that sank that? Id have to look it up.
We have Aegis, a laser system on destroyers designed to slice missiles out of the sky. If I send 100 RC operated drones at you and 50 missiles though, how well does that work?

Who knows, but I’d guess not well
Old 08-02-2022, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying we really have to stop them. Big on the map doesn't mean invincible. Launching a naval invasion on a rocky ass, fairly highly populated island that has a high GDP and has spent the last 70 years knowing that this day was going to come is a monumental exercise.

But all of this is academic because China isn't going to do it in the first place. Nobody wins if they have to glass or burn Taiwan to the ground. Not even China.
Idk man, I don’t think China, Iran, or Russia think as rationally as you or I. If you’re a midget dictator and no one tells you no, who knows what’d you decide
Old 08-02-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

The US would get its shit kicked in in any conflict with China but it'd be good for us, a valuable reminder to stay the fuck out of other people's business and stay in our own entire fucking hemisphere of this planet where we have everything we need.

North Korea, with China's help, would overrun South Korea and the US would be unable to operate any ship it doesn't want to lose within 1,000 miles of China's coastline. However, China is extremely vulnerable to blockade at chokepoints near Indonesia, and we could effectively sever them from global trade while replacing them in global markets. Strategic bombing of major dams on the Yangtze, Yellow, and Pearl rivers during the spring snowmelt would (combined with blockade) devastate enough of their cropland to cause major starvation issues for their 1.4 billion people. (Bonus points if we release genetically engineered diseases into their crops, which I sincerely hope the US has been working hard to develop as our best and only truly effective weapon against China).

Tactically China would likely overrun Taiwan but strategically any war would probably end with a stalemate, with China suffering untold economic damage, the US also suffering extreme hardship but with greater opportunity for adaptation due to 13 of the world's 15 largest economies being aligned with us over them.

Regarding Pelosi, she's a corrupt, geriatric old bitch and God only knows what kind of calculations occur in her dementia-addled mind.
Last edited by Lune; 08-02-2022 at 11:07 PM..
Old 08-02-2022, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

refreshing take
Old 08-02-2022, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Pelosi has a long history of antagonizing China

Searching for some kind of conspiracy about why she's in Taiwan is so typical of these forums. Rather than noticing the obvious (her disdain for the CCP), you waste time searching for anything that will allow you to further demonize her. Not that I particularly like her, but your motives are clear as day.

As for the disconnect between Pelosi and the White House, this kind of approach has been standard procedure for decades when it comes to Taiwan. Take some action that undermines China, while publicly stating support for the status quo. How is this not understood by now?
Old 08-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pelosi has a long history of antagonizing China

Searching for some kind of conspiracy about why she's in Taiwan is so typical of these forums. Rather than noticing the obvious (her disdain for the CCP), you waste time searching for anything that will allow you to further demonize her. Not that I particularly like her, but your motives are clear as day.

As for the disconnect between Pelosi and the White House, this kind of approach has been standard procedure for decades when it comes to Taiwan. Take some action that undermines China, while publicly stating support for the status quo. How is this not understood by now?
I don't really care about this trip one way or the other but the timing seems odd
Old 08-02-2022, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The US would get its shit kicked in in any conflict with China but it'd be good for us, a valuable reminder to stay the fuck out of other people's business and stay in our own entire fucking hemisphere of this planet where we have everything we need.

North Korea, with China's help, would overrun South Korea and the US would be unable to operate any ship it doesn't want to lose within 1,000 miles of China's coastline. However, China is extremely vulnerable to blockade at chokepoints near Indonesia, and we could effectively sever them from global trade while replacing them in global markets. Strategic bombing of major dams on the Yangtze, Yellow, and Pearl rivers during the spring snowmelt would (combined with blockade) devastate enough of their cropland to cause major starvation issues for their 1.4 billion people. (Bonus points if we release genetically engineered diseases into their crops, which I sincerely hope the US has been working hard to develop as our best and only truly effective weapon against China).

Tactically China would likely overrun Taiwan but strategically any war would probably end with a stalemate, with China suffering untold economic damage, the US also suffering extreme hardship but with greater opportunity for adaptation due to 13 of the world's 15 largest economies being aligned with us over them.

Regarding Pelosi, she's a corrupt, geriatric old bitch and God only knows what kind of calculations occur in her dementia-addled mind.
They don’t have energy. Jets and tanks don’t run on coal

We’d bomb the pipelines from Russia and Kazakhstan and wouldn’t need to worry about their “crop land” (they eat dogs) because the Chinese are functional retards who can’t engineer anything (like a solution to this problem) without stealing IP from others

Also, Japan has a better military than you guys appreciate. PS: North Korea could only overrun McDonald’s because they’re all malnourished