Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-04-2022, 11:36 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is a long way to say 'casual racism but obfuscated enough to not raise most flags' which imo describes DMO pretty well.
I mean I disagree with this. I never saw any racist statements made by anyone in DMO. And using Ramal's name as an example I don't think really makes sense; even if I were to go name a black character in a game "Lamar Odom" I don't think that's racist in the same way naming a white character "Tom Brady" would be.

Personally, I think they chose Erudites more because the general lore around the Erudites allowed them to roleplay as superior to everyone else because the players IRL believe they are better than other members of the community. That's the real reason behind choosing Erudites; Erudites are snobbish and look down upon everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-04-2022, 03:06 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2,627
Default

sjw cancel culture be damned
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,323
Default

Quote:
Personally, I think they chose Erudites more because the general lore around the Erudites allowed them to roleplay
lol nirgon created that guild
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2,627
Default

a good chunk of people on p99:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 480
Default

Not really. Even if people didn't like the guild's joke, in the end it was the Guild itself that earned the smackdown for unrelated things.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-05-2022, 07:54 AM
Raj Raj is offline
Kobold

Raj's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 165
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliMesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much subject. It's not a necessity for me and I'm aware it's not the intent behind the servers, but I figured it'd be foolish to not even at least ask if there was even small sub-groups/communities. I haven't played EQ since LDoN and I randomly decided to give P99 a shot and here I am.
Yes, create an erudite and join <Yael Graduates> referenced in the Rants and Flames forum if you want to roleplay as an Erudite. Otherwise, send roleplaying messages to almost anyone in that guild and Im sure they will roleplay along with you (as long as you are anything but completely terrible at it.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-05-2022, 01:16 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol nirgon created that guild
So one person now means the entire guild is X Y and Z?

If that’s the case then every single member of Vanquish is a terrible toxic member of the server. Which isn’t the case
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-05-2022, 01:22 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,323
Default

his whole joke was to make non racist people join a racist guild unknowingly you're eating it up lol

by saying it was because they were smart he could get everyone to run around the server terrorizing camps and being thuggish lol

it was an amazing work of art like obey level on p99 IMO
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-06-2022, 01:57 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
his whole joke was to make non racist people join a racist guild unknowingly you're eating it up lol

by saying it was because they were smart he could get everyone to run around the server terrorizing camps and being thuggish lol

it was an amazing work of art like obey level on p99 IMO
Except there was never any instance of any sort of racist comments made by DMO ever. Whether in game, on the forums, or on discord. But oh surely it’s just some big grand conspiracy theory (like it always is with you) to get people to join a racist guild unknowingly. Oh and yeah these huge terrible racists just, you know, only never said any racist thing for 2 years…yeah they’re just hiding their extreme racism to prank people into joining a guild…right…

Outside of competitive raid tier content I never had any negative experiences with any member of DMO. In fact, the vast majority of my experiences in game with them were positive, which is pretty rare for most guilds on P99 (unfortunately)
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-06-2022, 11:36 AM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except there was never any instance of any sort of racist comments made by DMO ever. Whether in game, on the forums, or on discord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Menden (emphasis added)
The guild Dark Men of Odus has been disbanded.

The leadership continues to cause issues among players in game, on the forums & within the Green UN channel. They have a long history of trolling, inciting arguments and racism. Each individual action has been handled accordingly but this is a pattern of behavior can no longer be ignored.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.