Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Large Rat

Default Should I Make a Human, Dark Elf or Gnome for Cleric?

Hey everyone, just wondering what all your opinions are for these 3 races for cleric. Dark elves seem cool since they have the ultravison but human inni has all those cool clickies. Gnome also seems cool since they have tinkering and wallhacks.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerdos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone, just wondering what all your opinions are for these 3 races for cleric. Dark elves seem cool since they have the ultravison but human inni has all those cool clickies. Gnome also seems cool since they have tinkering and wallhacks.
Human Innoruuk is best if you want to solo a lot. They get some nice clickies like https://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask and https://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk for doing some fear kiting. It isn't great, but it allows you to expand which solo camps you can do, because this fear kiting works on living mobs. They also get https://wiki.project1999.com/Fright_Forged_Helm which gives you see invis, better night vision, and can act as a GCD item.

Gnomes would be best in terms of raw advantage. Wall Hacks + Tinkering is going to give you more benefit overall than Humans or Dark Elves if you are not planning on soloing a lot. Most clerics don't solo a lot, so this would probably be the best choice between the three in terms of raw advantage.

Dark Elves win on the fashion front for most players, and they do get hide, which is nice because Clerics don't get a normal invis. However, it is pretty easy to get clickie invis items in this game, so it isn't a huge benefit. Same with ultravision, it isn't difficult to get improved night vision for the other races.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:02 PM
Skeleton

I just leveled my human inny cleric to 32ish solo with a PWC, and I can tell you a few things. Moving (solo) through dungeons would be a lot easier if I was a gnome. I do have the infra/see invis hat and snare necklace. I usually only snare as a nice mana-free pull. Invis is never a problem if you get 2x ring of shadows, 200pp a piece on blue, 25pp to recharge by yourself. They also drop off a level 25 mob (with HT). Hide can be really useful, too. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the three tbh.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Gnomes can also wear the dwarven cultural armor which is pretty solid:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Dwarven...hanted_Imbued)
Old 08-02-2022, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome, 100%.

Human inni max cha is pretty aight doe.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

I always found the Inni clickies overrated honestly. You really shouldn't be fighting live mobs solo, your non-Undead nukes are AWFUL.

In the end I'd always vote for Fashionquest. Most of your life as a cleric will be spent sitting there medding or (if you raid) counting between CHs. Which I suppose is a good argument for DE, since you can hide while doing it to avoid catching stray hands when somebody has a brain fart and pulls through the group.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always found the Inni clickies overrated honestly. You really shouldn't be fighting live mobs solo, your non-Undead nukes are AWFUL.

In the end I'd always vote for Fashionquest. Most of your life as a cleric will be spent sitting there medding or (if you raid) counting between CHs. Which I suppose is a good argument for DE, since you can hide while doing it to avoid catching stray hands when somebody has a brain fart and pulls through the group.
For fear kiting live mobs you would actually melee. Like a Shaman, Clerics have access to a few decent ratio weapons like Poison Wind Censer. It's not amazing, but it's better than you would think, especially with JBoots and a good haste item. It opens up more camp possibilities like killing guards.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For fear kiting live mobs you would actually melee. Like a Shaman, Clerics have access to a few decent ratio weapons like Poison Wind Censer. It's not amazing, but it's better than you would think, especially with JBoots and a good haste item. It opens up more camp possibilities like killing guards.
I can hardly imagine a more miserable experience.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can hardly imagine a more miserable experience.
It's really not bad. You would be surprised how well Priest classes can melee, at least 1-40ish.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Make whatever you’re happiest looking at.

For cleric little else actually matters.

Been there .. done that … went DE female cleric cause I like looking at it. Min/max be damned this class is really about levels/gear/spells/clickies over anything else and none of that is really race specific.

Min/max for this class matters not for 99.99% of gameplay
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-04-2022 at 10:53 PM..