Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 08-07-2022, 12:38 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is online now
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,817
Default

It's Mage as most underpowered overall. They level quickly to become CoTH bots.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 08-07-2022, 12:40 AM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 480
Default

This is the problem with eternal late era Velious, gear inflation warps class balance to where people can actually consider Mage to suck.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 08-07-2022, 01:07 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's Mage as most underpowered overall. They level quickly to become CoTH bots.
Saying they level fast and don’t need their max level to fulfil their raid roll doesn’t make mages sound underpowered to me.
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 08-07-2022, 09:34 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is online now
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying they level fast and don’t need their max level to fulfil their raid roll doesn’t make mages sound underpowered to me.
It's underpowered because if you aren't a raider you run out of things to do at high levels[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Statistically most people on the server aren't hardcore raiders or level guild bots. Also remember CoTH bots don't use 95% of their spell kit, including their pets, DD, and DS.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-07-2022 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 08-07-2022, 10:59 PM
Zuranthium Zuranthium is offline
Planar Protector

Zuranthium's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Plane of Mischief
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's underpowered because if you aren't a raider you run out of things to do at high levels[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't run out of things do on Mage as compared to the majority of other classes. They can solo well. They contribute plenty to groups. It's way better to be a Mage outside of raids than a Wizard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 08-08-2022, 12:02 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is online now
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't run out of things do on Mage as compared to the majority of other classes. They can solo well. They contribute plenty to groups. It's way better to be a Mage outside of raids than a Wizard.
Not really. Without CC and Utility they are basically just stuck in lower level zones killing easier stuff. Most classes can do that honestly. Maybe not as fast, but you aren't doing any big camps with a Mage that you couldn't do with another class.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 08-08-2022, 01:54 AM
Castle2.0 Castle2.0 is online now
Planar Protector

Castle2.0's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,266
Default

Sorry not sorry for skimming your excessive posts. There are 3 expansions and 60 levels.

So... you're wrong because you're trying to answer a broad question with no answer unless you define it more clearly.

"XYZ Class sucks at 60 in Velious so they are the worst"

Nah, they are the worst (maybe) at 60 in Velious at a particular time.

Mages dominate level 4 in any era. Get rekt, pontificating nerds.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Planar Protector

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the fact that the community can’t agree is pretty strong evidence that no class is underpowered when you look at the whole scope of the game that Norrath has to offer.

There are clearly underpowered classes when you focus on any single aspect … but not when you look at the sum total.
This seems like the most reasonable answer in this entire thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 08-08-2022, 07:25 AM
Zuranthium Zuranthium is offline
Planar Protector

Zuranthium's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Plane of Mischief
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really. Without CC and Utility they are basically just stuck in lower level zones killing easier stuff. Most classes can do that honestly. Maybe not as fast, but you aren't doing any big camps with a Mage that you couldn't do with another class.
This is totally wrong. There are many high level camps a Mage can do with chain petting that other classes can't, especially melee without great gear.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 08-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,161
Default

Mage is underpowered because it can xp quickly to a capable raid level to fulfil several vital roles and because it ploughs trash better than several classes bit can’t solo raid mobs like a shaman.
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.