Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default The Warrens is empty.

and it shouldn't be! i'll be playing my rerolled, new and improved IKSAR Necromancer Pharmakos there on and off for the next while, stop in and see me. =p

this zone really is awesome, huge ZEM, cloth/rawhide/ringmail/bronze equivalent armor all drops here, lots of cash drops, and if your dream is to stay drunk forever this is the place to do it -- your bags are going to be overflowing with booze after clearing out enough of these kobolds. seriously, they must be alcoholics. and once you get your faction up you can bank right nextdoor in Paineel -- plus you'll have faction to be able to buy a Hole key when you grow up! no more hopping between toons. just don't walk back to Paineel after drinking too much of that kobold liquor or you might be paying Master Yael an unexpected visit.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Skeleton

Went there with my duo partner and we were not impressed. As an Iksar Shaman / Monk combo we found it wasn't worth the travel for us. The shaman mobs were pesky and this place can snowball downhill quick if you don't have snare. Would have been nice with a group however.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Pardon my asking, but what does ZEM mean?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

The problem we noticed with the Warrens was that the mob level ranges are not tight. You'll see a lot of no-xp greens mixed in with dark blues, and the nameds are all red cons. My static group ended up going over to Kerra Isle. Milk and fish for everyone!

Surprisingly good zone, actually, Kerra... been there for about 6 levels now.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pardon my asking, but what does ZEM mean?
Zone Experience Modifier. Every zone has one. Outdoor zones tend to have lower ZEMs than dungeons.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

type it into the wiki, theres a ZEM zone list... if not, just think of popular leveling zones, its basically those + Kedge Keep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Kobold

I rolled up a ranger and soloed in there. It's kind of annoying. Like it was said, the level ranges are all over the place. There are lots of green wanderers that will attack you while you sit, so you constantly have to kill them just so you can med.

The loot is decent for the level, but the trivial loot code mixed with wide level ranges makes gear drops problematic. I did manage to loot a bunch of pit fighter ankle wraps and gloves. There wasn't any market for them though.

The one good thing about it is that erudite alts now have something to do
Old 11-18-2015, 03:15 AM
Large Rat

Is it worth checking out as a level 23 monk who likes to solo? I've been looking for Kurns v2 but I don't know it would be worth it to travel all the way out there if I would only be able to spend a level or two there.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

probably not worth the travel at 23. you'd be able to eek out a couple more levels killing The Cave Bat Lord and The Mighty Bear Paw and the other top tier nameds in the zone, but you'd run out of steam pretty quick.

--

maybe people just don't understand The Warrens. there's a right path and a left path when you zone in, as you go up in levels you need to go back and forth down the separate paths in order to find mobs in your level range. if you run into too many red cons just turn around and go as far as you can the other way. rinse, repeat. i might write a detailed guide soon. it seriously is the most well designed newbie zone once you understand the place. very logical progression with something to kill from level 4 to the low 20s.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

The Warrens is awesome. Just like pharmakos explained.