Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 12-15-2020, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean, I beg
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Old 12-17-2020, 10:28 PM
Banned

I won't be too terrified if red is never restarted. But hopefully if I can ever make the game Super Everquest, pvp servers will probably only ever last 2-3 years. If some how a guild or faction (It was only designed for faction war so far.) some how hasn't taken over enough cities in the game for an obvious GG, then a modified possible Luclin with massive city building capabilities will come out for the final mass guild war to finish the fight.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

In that vein a worthwhile EMU server would be a pvp battlegrounds version of EQ where each class has set gear at top level and the team composition and skill are the only variables. Aka Everquest street fighter. It would be no substitute for real Everquest with environmental factors but it could be fun to see what skill vs skill looks like, understanding that the strategy involved in real Everquest pvp is what makes it good. It would be fun anyways to experiment with class balance in a 1 v 1 2 v 2 up to full groups and even multiple full groups.

Easier to program than a whole working EQ I wonder if p99 team would share the parts of code needed so hit boxes and stuff are all the same as p99 so it’s “real deal”

Would pay to have someone code this. You make a class (only one race per class sorry) and it spawns at level 60 with spells and gear and whatever name you put on it
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Bump. Imagine pvp in blackburrow. A lvl 14 paladin vs a lvl 17 troll sk with a lvl 7 druid deciding who to heal.

Bronze and rawhide armor. A combine bastard sword and shield vs a fine steel two handed sword.

Go go go go go go go...
Old 12-17-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Haha don’t get me too jazzed up. But I’m also talking about lvl 60 style and abilities and basically being a training tool and way for people to mess around without the real work of collecting dkp
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

There some major thread bleed over here. This is supposed to be the disappointed check in thread. I’m gunna try to stay focused
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Every day
Old 12-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Kobold

checkin' in

still disappointed
Old 12-19-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Rallos Zek server which fits most with p99 stated ideals. +-4 level pvp range, 1 item pvp loot and all coin loot. This means the game is fun at low levels because twinks are like zone bosses when they are lootable.

2. Sullon Zek unlimited PVP range, with two custom hardcoded teams. This means that low levels are garbage but the teams help and since there are no PVP limitations, your friendly high levels can defend noob zones from grief that would otherwise prevail in a non item loot situation.

I also think the next server should take steps to eliminate the legacy item and bumrush to 50 insanity that we just saw on green. It was frankly disgusting and staff has shown a desire to make unclassic changes if it helps replicate the classic experience more accurately. Nothing could be less classic than people camping single level 1 mob spawns and fighting bitterly over them, like we saw on green.

If for example level caps would be in place, on PVP server it would mean we would have some insane awesome pvp battles when everyone is stuck at level 10, then stuck at level 20, then stuck at level 30, ETC. I'm totally confident that the level capped period of the server would be the most enjoyable pvp experience since the first guy on original rallos zek that played a necro and feared a woodelf off of kelethin. Honestly I would want the level caps to go on for as long as possible pre level 50. Level caps in kunark maybe more complicated but I'm not sure.

So many good options for PVP with the strong project 1999 community that it hurts my heart to see it not happen. Thats why I post in this forum every single day.

Wishing for a brighter world for everyone.
This. Good feedback like this has been given to devs for literally almost a decade. The only ingredient missing IMO is nodrop event loot at different level brackets to give starting players a fighting chance and create organic PvP (players fighting over event mobs) 100x more fun than the jousting shit sirken was doing, bless his heart. Also that a sullon-like server will be shit as level difference will create a similar griefy dynamic present in early red with xp loss. Level lock could potentially mitigate this.