Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

I CAN HAS BRAD TALKS?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is easily news worthy of being in the MOTD on login, seems the MOTD hasn't been changed in months anyhow.
^ This. They need to raise more money folks!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

maybe he has a completed velious code he can give us in exchange? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- I won't comment on whether or not they play here, but go watch some of their previous interviews to find out if they do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken is Brad McQuaid. Doesn't everyone already know this?
Old 01-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Kobold

I can't think of a more promising game for us EQ/p1999 fans. Let's not let this one slip away. Thanks for the link. Pledge sent.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Show a desire for this kind of game to be made by voting with your dollars, and it will happen. I highly recommend everyone read up on their Kickstarter page as to what this game is all about. It screams classic in every sense of the word.

This is an extremely talented team of developers working on this project, with involvement in the original Everquest, it's expansions, and a multitude of other titles.

If you want games like this to be made, we need to send a clear message that the demand is there. We are the audience they are trying to reach, so let's show them our support.
I did pledge, on day 1 actually. But their team hasn't been inspiring confidence. It seems like it's all designers and idea people, with only one actual developer, which is a very bass-ackwards way to start an indie game. It bleeds money.

I really hope I turn out to be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did pledge, on day 1 actually. But their team hasn't been inspiring confidence. It seems like it's all designers and idea people, with only one actual developer, which is a very bass-ackwards way to start an indie game. It bleeds money.

I really hope I turn out to be wrong though.

Wow.

How do you think they made Classic Everquest? ...
Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

lots o addons
Old 01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Pantheon is an important project to the MMORPG community, particularly for the people like us who feel most MMO's lately have been 'catering to the masses',and it's essential to the future of the MMORPG industry and out interests as gamers that we take the time to notice projects like this and vote with our dollars by backing their Kickstarter.

There are so many reasons why this project is deserving of your hard earned dollars, but I won't get into a huge list right now. To answer a couple questions above,

- We contacted them after following the project on Kickstarter and hearing some of their interviews

- YES! They absolutely know how important Project 1999 is to the hardcore players. We and people who desire to game like us are the target audience for this game.

- I won't comment on whether or not they play here, but go watch some of their previous interviews to find out if they do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- The Kickstarter only being about a 1/3 of the way there right now isn't relevant to whether or not they will reach their goal. Many Kickstarters see a huge surge in backers towards the end of a funding run. We're all hoping we can push them closer to their goal by raising awareness and showing you guys this is a big deal.

Pantheon is a big deal. If you're tired of WoW clones or other MMORPG's that cater to the masses, this is your chance to send a clear message that we want different games. Be sure to watch the interview live!

Thank you for answering some of my questions. I appreciate it!

I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Additionally, I do not know the actual algorithm of how to make something go to the front page of reddit. Just spit balling. May need many more than 100, but 100 from us and hopefully more upvotes from redditors seeing the link should help.