Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Kickstarters make me feel like this is 1993 all over again

For all the people younger than my oldest pair of sneakers, thats a good thing.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers
Do it man, do it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers
Do it man, do it!
I think this would be easy and best done on saturday durring the live stream Rogean posted about in the home page. Someone set this up pls! The only reason this project would fail is because people don't know about it, imagine the population on p99 if a TV commercial or something went out for it, pretty sure the server's hardware would catch fire, same would be so for Pantheon.
Last edited by Brad_mo123; 01-30-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Additionally, I do not know the actual algorithm of how to make something go to the front page of reddit. Just spit balling. May need many more than 100, but 100 from us and hopefully more upvotes from redditors seeing the link should help.
I've been following this pretty closely and have been a supporter for a while. That being said, I think they may have missed the boat with the location of the AMA. I'm not sure if it was because of just a general lack of Reddit knowledge or because the forum wasn't interested, but /r/gaming would have probably been a better place to post the AMA than in the acutal AMA subreddit.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

This sounds like a good deal to me, can't wait to see it.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Don't be afraid to make the ranger class super awesome this time, Brad!!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

This is so amazing to hear! Like seriously... think about how cool this is. Even just the simple fact that they are cool with Project 1999 and actually recognize what good of a thing we have going here. Even that they probably even play here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Can't wait, so excite!

I think they realize we were without a home and with Project 1999 we have a place to call home. Pantheon could be the same for us, although I would not abandon P99. It is really in our best interest to support this game and Brad and his team. This is when we turn things around for the REAL MMO genre! Someone in game said, "yeah, looks like they are just trying to get money for their KS page." as if it's lame they are doing it. I mean come on guy... this is how we vote with our money and show them once and for all the kind of MMO and experience we need. This is the only one I really would love to donate for (aside from Project 1999) and if I am able to I will. I really hope I can, but money is tight for me lately. I want more than anything for this to happen and be successful at the same time keeping the soul and essence of a true mmorpg. It's so sad and insulting the way players are treated in recent games and it saddens me that they are actually digging this genre a grave. If they continue to go on and be successful the way they are than okay.. but they are not true mmo's and they are without what makes them a true mmo. In my eyes there are a couple categorys of mmo consisting of the real, true and "hardcore" in a sense and the casual mmo that's more like a fantasy version of Second Life with fighting mechanics...

Also, I'm curious if Project 1999 itself has influenced this decision for Brad to create this game and see how 1k+ people play on an emulated server. I wonder if he played here the whole time and realized that we need new games like this to carry on the legacy. I'm willing to bet that it has had some influence or made some kind of mark. Project 1999 and the wonderful people who make this possible have truly made a mark and gave the people such a unique experience and really one that feels like a one in a lifetime thing. We really have something special here if you take a step back and think about what we have. I believe that we will someday be looking back on Project 1999 in a very similar light with the same nostalgia as we do with classic EQ live. But for now, I do hope it sticks around for a long time!
Last edited by NextGenesis88; 01-30-2014 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

I am also excite.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenesis88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I'm curious if Project 1999 itself has influenced this decision for Brad to create this game and see how 1k+ people play on an emulated server.
The interesting part is, as big as the current active player-base may be...the total number of people that have played here and quit for one reason or the other (myself included) is pretty staggering.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The interesting part is, as big as the current active player-base may be...the total number of people that have played here and quit for one reason or the other (myself included) is pretty staggering.
I was thinking the same thing as I was typing. I wonder if the gm's would post numbers like this for the public.
Closed Thread