Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile Newbie? Rezforlife

Hello, new cleric here! i was just wondering when i can expect to actually find groups that will want me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also some questions on the game itself. such as, are we going to be pushing for another expansion, a new server, ect ect. i mained a 100 sk on live, and a 98 necro. so i know those classes pretty well for. . . post seeds of destruction expansion. everything Classic- seeds is all new to me, including trying to get used to not having an in-game map. the main reason i ask these questions is so i know if i should play a class that is fun the whole classic experience, or play a class that will in ( possible or not possible ) expansions get aa's/epics that will make them more enjoyable to me. Thanks and hope to see you in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Orc

1. Normally not too difficult to find a group as a Cleric, keeping people alive makes you always welcomed. Your services become more in-demand at level 14 when you get your normal healing spell.
2. This specific server will not go past the Velious expansion, but will add all Velious updates in succession (as far I know, anyway).
3. There will be another blue server at some point, but release is TBD.
4. Cleric can be fun if you make it fun, but most of your time in groups will be spent sitting down, then getting up so you can blow all your mana on heals, then sitting back down again. You are also helpful in that you have many vs. undead spells (on top of being able to eventually rez, duh).
5. 1.0 Epics are available, but currently no AAs.

Welcome to P99, see you in Norrath!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Hello, good sir. Welcome to the pixel dome, should you require assistance allow me to aid. I only ask for rezzes for life. Until then, good day to you sir.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Aviak

Welcome to the server!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

the GM's said we wont have any more expansions.

possibly yes to new servers down the road. (dont expect any time soon)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the GM's said we wont have any more expansions.

possibly yes to new servers down the road. (dont expect any time soon)
preferable no more servers splitting a community never ends well
Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRWolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
preferable no more servers splitting a community never ends well
For all the problems that blue has due to top-heavy population, they pale in comparison to how toxic a new server without zone instancing would be. Imagine 1600 level 1s trying to xp in the 5 newbie dungeons that can maybe support 3 groups at a time. It would be madness.

This is one place that Daybreak got things right. If you have thousands of people leveling up at the same time, you have to find some way to deal with zone overpopulation.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickthas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all the problems that blue has due to top-heavy population, they pale in comparison to how toxic a new server without zone instancing would be. Imagine 1600 level 1s trying to xp in the 5 newbie dungeons that can maybe support 3 groups at a time. It would be madness.

This is one place that Daybreak got things right. If you have thousands of people leveling up at the same time, you have to find some way to deal with zone overpopulation.
yeah but the zone over populaiton dies down after a few days usually. look at velks when Velious first came out. took a few weeks at the most and the zone became less populated since people expanded there options past something new.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickthas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine 1600 level 1s trying to xp in the 5 newbie dungeons that can maybe support 3 groups at a time. It would be madness.
It is a magical experience!! When the competition in newbie zones is so high....that leveling becomes slow....and then people start getting clever.

Running mail quests to cities for exp + gold! Or finding overlooked spots to try and get some exp (such as the drowned citizens in freeport). People start spreading out to EVERY nook in the game as they look for stuff to kill.....a real sense of exploration as people are forced out of the "usual level treadmill spots".
Closed Thread