Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asmongold didn't run for president so they chose to back the next closest thing
Old 03-09-2022, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Lolwut? Thinking all wow players love Asmongold is like saying all Everquest players love Nathan Napalm.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lolwut? Thinking all wow players love Asmongold is like saying all Everquest players love Nathan Napalm.
Nathan Napalm is p cool tho. Alright in Starkinds starkind book.

And ya I played wow a decent amount.. Never knew who Asmongold was till he rage quit and still don't really know much about him.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nathan Napalm is p cool tho. Alright in Starkinds starkind book.

And ya I played wow a decent amount.. Never knew who Asmongold was till he rage quit and still don't really know much about him.
Don't get me wrong I'm not dogging on Nathan and I love his puppet videos its just that he isn't that well received by the average p1999 classic EQ user imo. Same reaction to Asmongold from the average wow player, his fanbase is a small fraction of the player base.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong I'm not dogging on Nathan and I love his puppet videos its just that he isn't that well received by the average p1999 classic EQ user imo. Same reaction to Asmongold from the average wow player, his fanbase is a small fraction of the player base.
I found Asmongold playing Dark Souls highly entertaining. In fact it was him playing DS3 that got me into that game

He acts like he’s great, but it’s obvious that he sucks. In the case of DS3, I mean like really sucks. He had to abuse the broken (in pve, not pvp) great hammer weapon that poises through all mobs so that he didn’t have to bother with timing. Most other players would have b to even get through the game. I saw him fumbling through the game calling himself a “Literal God” (his catchphrase) and I figured “if he can do it, I can do it”. And I didn’t need to abuse greathammers also

But it’s just an act, a “character” he puts on. He secretly knows he sucks. And he can be humorous sometimes. And sometimes pretty insightful. He up-plays acting like an egotistical moron to make you feel caught off guard when he does finally say something clever

And his fanbase is pretty devoted, albeit immature. But I’ve seen way way worse ones. His mods keep them in line pretty well
Old 03-09-2022, 10:25 PM
Banned

asmongold acts like such a retard in any game he plays

he always has to scream the most obvious dumb shit ever

just watching him "react" to videos is so cringeworthy
Old 03-09-2022, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
asmongold acts like such a retard in any game he plays

he always has to scream the most obvious dumb shit ever

just watching him "react" to videos is so cringeworthy
I haven’t seen any of his reaction or WoW vids tbh

I think “reaction” vids are just a lame attempt to try to profit off someone else’s work. If someone has some talent and personality, then make a funny “review”, IMO. A reaction is usually just the person sitting there watching someone else’s intellectual property while monetizing it

But maybe I’ve just missed the good ones
Old 03-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this retard have 1.5 million subscribers?
Old 03-09-2022, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lulz is bullying tuna to not become an adult gamer

it's for the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't understand what is being implied here

what is the message of the meme? explained in details, who what where when why how are the foundation of any coherent literature.

I'll make a template to copy and paste:

Who:

What:

Where:

When:

How:

Why:

If these fields cannot be satisfied, then the meme itself is inherently half baked and utterly retarded.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I basically spend all my energy and mental focus not shitting myself and writing posts.

If I stopped doing either I could probably get through the login process and average about 1 apm every minute.
He's in P99 detox and these are the symptoms of withdrawal.