Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Aviak

Personally I would really love to keep trying to level on this server but as a level 30 enchanter and knowing the trouble I am having finding groups I can see the writing on the wall.

I have about 15 friends going to play GW2 on Sorrow's Furnace server and I guess reluctantly I will have to join them. Hopefully I can find time to continue to progress on this server because I really do love EQ but I damn sure don't want to solo to 60.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned

I don't have any friends to level with on here really, lvl 25 shaman. so if you would like to duo or maybe start a group sometimes I would really be interested. game name: Rawthentic
Old 08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Any other servers that people are planning to use?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I would really love to keep trying to level on this server but as a level 30 enchanter and knowing the trouble I am having finding groups I can see the writing on the wall.
this is scary, if a 30 chanter has trouble finding groups how is my poor mage going to fare? So anyone else.... are groups still easy as the levels come? I have had no trouble grouping in CB/Oasis/Unrest so far... TIA
Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by square [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On topic: through all the betas and stress tests I've found GW2 to be great fun if you enjoy PVP and don't want to spend your life on an MMO. Haven't really done much of the pve/instances and whatnot.
The pvp was amazing in GW, so I'm happy to hear it's still good. I'm gonna try the pve side as well. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

I heard eqmac has lots of groups in the p99 dead zone (20-50).
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Well, back on topic... I got to play GW2 tonight on the stress test event. I only had about 2 hours to play, but it was a lot of fun. I play an elementalist. It was a little overwhelming(with all the stuff to learn and do), but the gameplay was solid. I'm looking forward to this weekend.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have about 15 friends going to play GW2 on Sorrow's Furnace server and I guess reluctantly I will have to join them. Hopefully I can find time to continue to progress on this server because I really do love EQ but I damn sure don't want to solo to 60.
Are you playing on red? Mistmoore always has a few groups going, highkeep has groups often, and loio always had several people in it.

Not sure why people are saying theres no groups from 20-50. There was 688ppl on the other night.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicatin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you playing on red? Mistmoore always has a few groups going, highkeep has groups often, and loio always had several people in it.

Not sure why people are saying theres no groups from 20-50. There was 688ppl on the other night.
Nope I am playing on blue. I'm saying finding groups is hard because there may be 10-15 people in a zone like LOIO or Frontier Mountains at one time. Which most of the time equates to 1 group in the zone with the rest soloers or people being power leveled. On occasion you can get lucky in get one of those group and you hope it doesn't split in 30 minutes but you never know.

I'm a lvl 31 enchanter and have been playing for 3 weeks now and I have over 5 days played on my character so far. I've been in 1 upper guk group in my low 20s, 2 groups in LOIO all through my 20s and so far have found 2 FM giant groups.

You can put your lfg tag up and go 4-5 hours without a single tell or if you are lucky you might get a mistmoore invite but when you are bound in FV no one is going to wait for you to travel by boat to get there.

Every time I group with people I add them to my friends list so I can constantly try and build my own groups but I find as I keep progressing those people stop logging on and leveling. I guess people play multiple alts.

I've even tried random tells to people in my level range to build groups but that is also fairly difficult.

The best bet to finding groups I would say is to join one of the lower level guilds and try and form guild groups. That may end up being the route I have to take. I personally was trying to hold off on joining a low level guild because I wanted to raid at max level and didn't want to be guild hopping.

So in short, finding groups is difficult but not impossible. I'll keep trudging along and eventually hope to have a solid friends list to adventure with.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Kobold

One day to go!
Closed Thread