Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-26-2022, 08:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Curious Legacy Player

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to EQ. I played many years ago and was very active for a number of years. A friend, who I met through EQ, told me about P99 and I got curious to check it out. I'm rather nostalgic about my EQ days. I thought I'd give P99 a go and see if it sparked any renewed interest, or if it will remind me why I moved on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ROFL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2022, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome back! The community is mostly friendly but you need to be active to group (ask people directly).
Old 12-28-2022, 01:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you for the welcome and advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I happily noticed I would receive helpful buffs from higher-level players as I ran around trying to hunt baddies at 1st level, so the server seems friendly enough.

I don't know how active I'm going to be in the long term. I am simply giving it a try right now and seeing how it goes. I may or may not join any groups/guilds. Part of my love for the old EQ was my class. I was rather fond of playing an Enchanter back then. After all these years, it's still my favourite class of any MMO. I have not found any other game with the same class with the same feel. I've played what they might call a crowd control class in other games, but nothing was as well designed or as fun to play (imo) as EQ's Enchanter. It took finesse to play it right and I enjoyed the challenge of it. When I think of CC, I think of my time here, locking down an entire room full of mobs.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]