Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Skeleton

Default Greedy Wizards and Druids

I get that you're entitled, and spoiled, by rich folks, but if your first response is to complain because you didn't get the tip you wanted for a port (that you also didn't specifically ask for), then you can rightly go fuck yourself.

I just don't get it. Perhaps you can, instead, tell me what you feel is appropriate so I can judge whether or not your time is worth it to me. Don't make me guess when, clearly, your expectations are through the roof, just so you can pitch a fit when you don't get it.

Isn't it all just money anyway? When all you're doing is standing around being useless in ecom and you have nothing better to do, and the entire process is free anyway, shouldn't you be thankful you get anything at all?

I'm sure there will be a bunch of people lining up to tell me where I'm wrong about this, but let's go back to point #1 here; if it's important to you, form a fucking a union and set a price already.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Skeleton

Maybe we can also use this time to discuss what an acceptable payment is, anyway. I usually pay what I can afford that is, at the very least, not going to be more expensive than what I'll actually make when I go somewhere for a group or whatever. I'm sure other people toss around several times more than me, but tip culture is inherently open, and whining about it just makes no sense.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we can also use this time to discuss what an acceptable payment is, anyway. I usually pay what I can afford that is, at the very least, not going to be more expensive than what I'll actually make when I go somewhere for a group or whatever. I'm sure other people toss around several times more than me, but tip culture is inherently open, and whining about it just makes no sense.
I'd never gripe if someone tipped me 15 - 20pp for a port, but if someone tips me less that's OK too. I tip 5pp for important buffs and 20pp for ports assuming I am not inconveniencing someone. If someone goes above and beyond for me, I will do 30pp for buffs and 75pp for ports (e.g. pls come Clarity me at this nearby port so I don't lose this camp or can you port this rezzer to my body since the closest spire is 3 zones away).

On what average/normal looks like, I have a script that parses all port and trade data and throws it in a spreadsheet. I've only got ~140 datapoints in there now, but when I get 1,000+ ports in there I'll let you know what the averages look like.

What I can tell you today is that my most popular ports are EC to NRo (~30pp/port) and GFay to WC or NRo(~4pp/port). Most people in raiding guilds tip 30+ with most around 40, though they will do as much as 75 or 100pp, and people late at night trying to avoid a boat ride will pay fat stacks of cash, even if they have to wait for me to finish a quad and med up (~34pp average).

Hope this helped. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

1pp per level.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-24-2020, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1pp per level.
I don't know that it's an accepted standard, but that's what I do. I usually tip 5 peridots or 50pp for my ports.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

yea, i give 50pp for my ports.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:52 PM
Kobold

do NOT give 1p per level. expecting a level 9 to tip 9p per port is gross
Old 02-22-2020, 07:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornisthebest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to say something similar, but it didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Without proper instruction, most new players don't know how to make money... it's not hard to learn them, but those types of players are rare I suppose.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornisthebest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually think 1pp per level is ok even at low levels. A level 9 should not be porting all over Norrath looking for a group. They should be hunkering down in an exp zone and grinding. If they’re not born near a good exp zone, they should save up 9pp, take one port, with bind, and grind in their new neighborhood.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually think 1pp per level is ok even at low levels. A level 9 should not be porting all over Norrath looking for a group. They should be hunkering down in an exp zone and grinding. If they’re not born near a good exp zone, they should save up 9pp, take one port, with bind, and grind in their new neighborhood.
What are your other thoughts on how other people should play everquest