Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Large Bat

Default Charm Solo ENC

Hey i was wondering how exp works with pets and such.

I was under the impression that if I solo something, i need to do 51% of its health for full exp, but if im grouped then as long as there is 1 player dmg from anyone in the group its full.

So if this is the case, is it not good to let a charm beat something down beyong 50% of its life? How bad is the penalty for letting him do more dmg than me to a mob while solo

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:23 AM
Sarnak

Yes, when soloing, you have to do 51% of damage to get full exp.
Any group will remove the pet penalty.
You can break charm on your pet to get full XP for killing him and the target he
was beating on (provided it's still alive).
Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, when soloing, you have to do 51% of damage to get full exp.
Any group will remove the pet penalty.
You can break charm on your pet to get full XP for killing him and the target he
was beating on (provided it's still alive).
Let me confirm.

If I have a charmed pet and a mob he was beating on - and they're both at 10% - I can just break charm and nuke them both down to get 100% exp from each? I don't have to memblur the mob my pet was beating on?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Banned

yep, and nope. to questions
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...break charm and nuke them both down to get 100% exp from each? I don't have to memblur the mob my pet was beating on?
Remember to kill your old pet first... I was always skeptical that the damage the pet put on the other mob stuck even if its not your pet anymore (ie - you wouldn't get full XP)
Old 02-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Kobold

As soon as charm breaks all "kill credit" the pet accumulated goes to zero.

Grouping removes the need to break the charm at all as the pet can no longer steal xp.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As soon as charm breaks all "kill credit" the pet accumulated goes to zero.

Grouping removes the need to break the charm at all as the pet can no longer steal xp.
does this mean if I am grouped no one in the grp has to dmg the target? or are we still responsible for 1 point of player dmg to ensure that the exp is full 100%
Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Aviak

I haven't tested it personally but that's the idea. If two characters group that have gained the same total exp up to that point and they let the pet kill a mob by itself, then the 100% of the mob's exp gets bumped +2% for group bonus, then split between the members (51% of the original exp each). More people and level differences/hybrids change the distribution around a bit and more players means a higher group bonus and more people to split the exp with, but if the pet is the only dps it shouldn't affect exp in a group.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Kobold

I don't know how it is here on P1999, but back on live at the same era, and I personally tested it by leveling multiple level 1 necros under different settings (no pets, pets doing all damage, pets doing no damage), is that pets would count as group members if they did more than 50% of the damage. So in a group of 2, where the pet is doing all the damage, then the pet would count as a 3rd member and so would take 33% of the xp.

This of course does not apply if you break charm before mobs are dead.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Orc

My brother and myself both leveled enchanters at the same time. Trust me when I say that when grouped pets do not eat exp no matter how much damage you or they have done. We spent (spend) a lot of time with just two hasted pets beating the crap out of something.

-haijynx
Closed Thread