Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Custom Content for Blue

So apparently the forensic re-creation era of the server is over, and we’re ready for Green, and there’s new talk of custom content for Blue. Green sounds fun and I think I’ll play, but I think some really interesting new content could get put together.

How would new Blue content work? I know it will be in the style/spirit of ‘99-‘01 EQ, but beyond that what are we talking about? New quests in old zones? Creating or recreating the quests that were never fully implemented? Use proper classic mechanics to create a unique raid target?

I’d love to see some new areas. The Titanium client has a gazillion zones, I figure the team could edit the zone lines and zone connections to create new geography. The world graphics wouldn’t be in line with original EQ, but if you count Stonebrunt as classic then there are a bunch of zones with that level of graphics.

Has this ever really come up? I’ve thought about it for most of the last 10 years, when Kunark/Velious were still pipe dreams and there was this vague idea of future custom content. Is the future here?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Jaggedpine Forest
Veksar

The staff are focusing on Green right now. You can't get blood from a stone.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

As far as new zones go, I'm going to guess that Daybreak would likely have an issue with P99 beginning to create new zones using the EQ IP.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like they are focused on green for now, and then the future of p99pvp would be next, so I'd say the future is still in the future.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as new zones go, I'm going to guess that Daybreak would likely have an issue with P99 beginning to create new zones using the EQ IP.
Winter's Roar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winter's Roar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's be a silly assumption to make, given that Rogean and Daybreak signed the agreement many years ago, and there has been no announcement in the years since of any cancellation of custom content.

Ultimately, no one knows what "custom (classically-inspired) content" means except R&N, and maybe not even them yet.

For practical reasons we're pretty sure that any new zones will use existing zone files (from non-P99 expansions), because creating completely new zone files would be exceedingly difficult. But (also for practical reasons), we're pretty sure they won't be re-creations of existing zones, but will instead be entirely new creations (a dev posted awhile back that new creations are significantly easier for them to do than re-creations).

Beyond that ... we all just have to wait for the staff to get bored with Green and turn their attention back to Blue ... and then we likely have a long time to wait after that too, because the staff doesn't tend to tell us anything about anything until it is close to being ready.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Aviak

Planes of Power with no city books other than PoT, give Wizards a port to PoK and Druids a port to PoT. Remove any classic item tradeskill/spell vendors and leave only the stuff for PoP tskills/quests/spells. No AAs, no level cap increase.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

They'd have to redo the loot tables for Veksar. I do agree it would be cool to see, but it is LoY era itemization. Jaggedpine would be cool to see.

I don't expect any of that to happen however.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

go play shards of dalaya if you want new zones, i don't