Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 33 17.84%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 22 11.89%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.78%
I am already dead. 58 31.35%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 29 15.68%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 36 19.46%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 PM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kurn's Tower, NYC
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys feel like zombified? What's it like to be under mind control?
Here is mind control.

Couple of years ago they created something called the Pandemic Bonds. The idea is that people could invest in these bonds and the money would be used to help poor countries deal with pandemics. These bonds payed out an insane return of 6-11% over the LIBOR rate. The rush to invest was so powerful that these bonds were oversubscribed by like 200%.

Now, if you're an investor you get your interest no matter what. But, if the WHO declares an actual "pandemic" before maturation date, the investors lose the principal. The maturation date is July 15. If the WHO declares a pandemic before then, people lose billions. Or rather rich and powerful people and institutions lose billions.

There is the classical definition of what a pandemic is, which has clearly been met. It's a disease, it's now worldwide, ergo pandemic. However, the WHO uses a complicated set of criteria that basically allows them to choose when to declare a pandemic. In 2009 WHO declared a pandemic several weeks after the criteria for the definition of a classical pandemic had been met.

If the WHO declares a pandemic too early, a LOT of people are going to a giant bath. On the other hand, WHO declaring a pandemic is just the sort of stimulus that gets countries and people to realize it's serious and take preventive measures that save people lives in the end.

Meanwhile people think the WHO is this independent organization that cares about people's lives, not the profits of their wealthy friends and backers. Mind control.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Hoppkins_Wytchfinder Hoppkins_Wytchfinder is offline
Fire Giant

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bet against live entertainment companys (AEG, Livenation, WWE etc). If this continues to get worse, I could see many of these arena shows get cancelled.
Considering China closed off a whole mega city the population of London and ordered cars off the road etc I dont think it's sci-fi to imagine it happening.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-27-2020, 01:31 PM
Wonkie Wonkie is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is mind control.

Couple of years ago they created something called the Pandemic Bonds. The idea is that people could invest in these bonds and the money would be used to help poor countries deal with pandemics. These bonds payed out an insane return of 6-11% over the LIBOR rate. The rush to invest was so powerful that these bonds were oversubscribed by like 200%.

Now, if you're an investor you get your interest no matter what. But, if the WHO declares an actual "pandemic" before maturation date, the investors lose the principal. The maturation date is July 15. If the WHO declares a pandemic before then, people lose billions. Or rather rich and powerful people and institutions lose billions.

There is the classical definition of what a pandemic is, which has clearly been met. It's a disease, it's now worldwide, ergo pandemic. However, the WHO uses a complicated set of criteria that basically allows them to choose when to declare a pandemic. In 2009 WHO declared a pandemic several weeks after the criteria for the definition of a classical pandemic had been met.

If the WHO declares a pandemic too early, a LOT of people are going to a giant bath. On the other hand, WHO declaring a pandemic is just the sort of stimulus that gets countries and people to realize it's serious and take preventive measures that save people lives in the end.

Meanwhile people think the WHO is this independent organization that cares about people's lives, not the profits of their wealthy friends and backers. Mind control.
3500 cases outside mainland China

Mind control you say?
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 02-27-2020, 01:57 PM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kurn's Tower, NYC
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3500 cases outside mainland China

Mind control you say?
My point was it's all mind control. Not denying the virulence and the threat. Just that everyone is exploiting this virus for their own ends. The media is hyping because viewers. The governments are downplaying because panic. Big Pharma lying about the vaccine being just months away because profits. The WHO delaying pandemic status because of investor pressure. Rumors about bioweapon status because China must be blamed. Everyone is going to get a piece of this thing, and they're going to use it as much as they can.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 02-27-2020, 04:18 PM
solleks solleks is offline
Banned


Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 991
Default

Blah blah it's all bull shit. U think people getting sick is new you're dumb. Fake numbers don't matter
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 02-27-2020, 05:26 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point was it's all mind control. Not denying the virulence and the threat. Just that everyone is exploiting this virus for their own ends. The media is hyping because viewers. The governments are downplaying because panic. Big Pharma lying about the vaccine being just months away because profits. The WHO delaying pandemic status because of investor pressure. Rumors about bioweapon status because China must be blamed. Everyone is going to get a piece of this thing, and they're going to use it as much as they can.
I could certainly see pressure being put on the WHO from the big money stakeholders in the bonds. Whether they cave to it though is another question
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 02-27-2020, 05:40 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is mind control.

Couple of years ago they created something called the Pandemic Bonds. The idea is that people could invest in these bonds and the money would be used to help poor countries deal with pandemics. These bonds payed out an insane return of 6-11% over the LIBOR rate. The rush to invest was so powerful that these bonds were oversubscribed by like 200%.

Now, if you're an investor you get your interest no matter what. But, if the WHO declares an actual "pandemic" before maturation date, the investors lose the principal. The maturation date is July 15. If the WHO declares a pandemic before then, people lose billions. Or rather rich and powerful people and institutions lose billions.

There is the classical definition of what a pandemic is, which has clearly been met. It's a disease, it's now worldwide, ergo pandemic. However, the WHO uses a complicated set of criteria that basically allows them to choose when to declare a pandemic. In 2009 WHO declared a pandemic several weeks after the criteria for the definition of a classical pandemic had been met.

If the WHO declares a pandemic too early, a LOT of people are going to a giant bath. On the other hand, WHO declaring a pandemic is just the sort of stimulus that gets countries and people to realize it's serious and take preventive measures that save people lives in the end.

Meanwhile people think the WHO is this independent organization that cares about people's lives, not the profits of their wealthy friends and backers. Mind control.
Wait, circling back on this one. Are we talking about a different class of bonds? The two that people have been talking about have their payouts triggered by objective statistics that are totally not based on WHO calling it a pandemic. The first class of bonds is if the disease crosses an international border into a developing country and kills 20 or more people there, the investors in that class lose the principal. The second class is if the disease kills 2,500 or more people in a developing country (FYI, China is not considered a developing country for purpose of this bond definition).

Is there some other bond you're aware of that's specifically linked to when the WHO declares a pandemic?
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 02-27-2020, 06:43 PM
Mead Mead is offline
Planar Protector

Mead's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit is destroying my portfolio. Thanks China.
This is the best time to invest if you have the cash
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2005 View Post
I think OP thought Rants and Flames meant "O gosh darn I'm so angry about this thing! O look, here's a place where I can vent about that!"

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 02-27-2020, 07:52 PM
Wonkie Wonkie is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, circling back on this one. Are we talking about a different class of bonds? The two that people have been talking about have their payouts triggered by objective statistics that are totally not based on WHO calling it a pandemic. The first class of bonds is if the disease crosses an international border into a developing country and kills 20 or more people there, the investors in that class lose the principal. The second class is if the disease kills 2,500 or more people in a developing country (FYI, China is not considered a developing country for purpose of this bond definition).

Is there some other bond you're aware of that's specifically linked to when the WHO declares a pandemic?
looks like ole dustypants fell for the fake news again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 02-27-2020, 08:23 PM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kurn's Tower, NYC
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, circling back on this one. ...
Is there some other bond you're aware of that's specifically linked to when the WHO declares a pandemic?
Hey man I don't read prospectuseses I just summarize badly sourced panic.

I was trying to figure out why the Class B haven't triggered yet with Iran and their 20+ but fine print says March 23 the earliest - something about a 12 week window from some event.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.