Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

AM's play on Doze was a risky one, we essentially gave up a guaranteed Statue+AOW for it (as we were already in Kael). On a quake leapfrogging comes with a big opportunity cost.

On a natural repop, less so. But I doubt guilds are going to want to clear NTOV trash all day. Something is going to shake out, same with POG. No one will want to clear 4-8 hours of trash to potentially get nothing
Old 04-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

It's not leapfrogging when 397 people are zoning into ToV at roughly the same time, rushing for targets minutes into an earthquake, sorry.

397 people...same zone... repop...

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Don't get me started on Tunare agreements. I don't stick around on P99 to rotate mobs or be disqualified from next weeks' elf pixels. This server has and always will be about competition and the server should play itself out instead of trying to solve temporary issues that attrition would quickly solve.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the day started out with AM leapfrogging Core
Coulda sworn it started with your monks trying to pull KT despite our entire raid force at zone in ready for the pull. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server has and always will be about competition
Actually, it's a PVE server. it's not about competition at all.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, it's a PVE server. it's not about competition at all.
Finite resources means it absolutely is about competition.

Instanced MMOs are not about competition, although some people will still want bragging rights for server-firsts or whatever. But if you and I want the same loot at the same time, we have to compete for it in some way, shape or form.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finite resources means it absolutely is about competition.

Instanced MMOs are not about competition, although some people will still want bragging rights for server-firsts or whatever. But if you and I want the same loot at the same time, we have to compete for it in some way, shape or form.
it just seems like a weird dickwaving contest invented by awful nerds who are too scared to actually compete against other players via PvP
Old 04-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it just seems like a weird dickwaving contest invented by awful nerds who are too scared to actually compete against other players via PvP
i dont enjoy EQ pvp. but then i also don't care much about competition in PVE either, I just want to kill dragons with my friends and hopefully get good dragon pixels
Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont enjoy EQ pvp. but then i also don't care much about competition in PVE either, I just want to kill dragons with my friends and hopefully get good dragon pixels
PvE just means competing with the computer. Go play Mario for that.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coulda sworn it started with your monks trying to pull KT despite our entire raid force at zone in ready for the pull. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a video to show us Danny?

I was the first Core in the zone. I stood at 4 way. We were ready to pull if we got the numbers. We didn't, so we didn't pull. What exactly did you have an issue with?

I have some video of it, but all it shows is AM exploiting pathing to kite guards.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
This server has and always will be about competition
People still think this counts as competition? And that EQ is a game suited to competition? Versus, say, one of the hundreds of other actually competitive and skill based games?

Lordy lord.
Closed Thread