Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Skeleton

Default Cool Quests

Are there any other quest lines like the monk headband and sash quests?
Old 10-04-2020, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Literally the entirety of Qeynos. The GOAT of starting zones, it is nearly perfect. The Bertoxxulous quests are great experience, good rewards, and very simple.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Kobold

If by "quest lines" you mean sequential series of quests, using one quest reward as a component of the next hand-in, there aren't too many in classic, but there are a few. If you were to avoid using the wiki to search for quests, you would find that often an npc doesn't even mention a quest until you have completed some other quest for them, at which point they give you dialogue hinting at something further with your first quest reward.

Having said that, Kunark launches some more quest lines, particularly for iksars (shaman cudgels, monk shackles, crusader khukris) which progress to various stages of "completion" based on whether the quests were implemented to their final outcome before the end of the p99 timeline.

And then, of course, there are items in classic that weren't used in quests until much later. One case in point might be the Blued Two-Handed Hammer, which doesn't enter into play until Velious but uses the 4 crystal staves that exist from vanilla (fire, ice, water, slime)

Imo, some of the most fun, interesting "quests" in eq are actually the keying progression in the Tower of Frozen Shadow, progression through Howling Stones, or just exploring forgotten corners of far-flung dungeons.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

A fun quest is the Qeynos badge quest, but it only arrives with the Warrens patch. But on Blue you can do it.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests
Old 10-10-2020, 01:51 PM
Banned

i love gfay / cb but qeynos has always been a great place to start if you get a port and bind at low level

fangs are just as good as belts and that area is more dreamy
Old 10-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fun quest is the Qeynos badge quest, but it only arrives with the Warrens patch. But on Blue you can do it.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests
I love this quest line
did it on all my toons on blue
Old 10-10-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

My fave story is the one where the high elf daughter runs off with the dark elf mages seeking adventure, and ends up getting sold into slavery because darke elfs, and the parents get split up over it and you have to go save her and bring them back together.

Hulkulk's Love is another awesome quest, there are strippers and stuff in that one and a wearable item with like the best name in the game.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-10-2020 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Shaman Cudgel Quests
Iksar Necro Helm Quests

Final item for both are awesome - but you'll never see them on P99
Old 10-10-2020, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My fave story is the one where the high elf daughter runs off with the dark elf mages seeking adventure, and ends up getting sold into slavery because darke elfs, and the parents get split up over it and you have to go save her and bring them back together.

Hulkulk's Love is another awesome quest, there are strippers and stuff in that one and a wearable item with like the best name in the game.
Will a human necromancer be able to do this quest? I worship bertoxx
Or will I need to farm a crap ton of orcs
Old 10-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Banned

the beauty of everquest you can adjust faction and do quests !
Closed Thread