Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most unique part of the EverQuest p99 experience is how important your reputation is.
I stopped in to get my Blue99-drama fix, snacking on popcorn. I choked when I saw the above quote.

Twochain, I was giving some of what you posted a half nod until I hit this. It is the biggest crock of shit to hit these forums in a bit. Who are you trying to fool? The new people on the server? Dickheads have culminated in large raiding guilds stepping on whomever whenever they please for the duration of this project. With no meaningful repercussions from the guilds they are in. This casts serious doubt on your words in my eyes.

Carry on.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-01-2020, 03:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The train didn’t even succeed???

The shame...

Also tiptoes was a she?? Wtf am I confusing them with someone else
First, hey twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No it was a guy, female gnome, I knew him and his bro from back in the old Taken days.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

I love how they consider a volontary train outside of a race worst than accidental train on an actual competition... That's just cr time and buff gems... No raid boss loss... Not like when they accidentally train and refuse to concede anything...
Old 12-01-2020, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Incredible mental gymnastics from all sides, and an unhealthy accoutrements of cringe from people not even involved.

Summary: Yikes.

Guy killed one person with his train. Riot more often than not kills 2-3 of its own players with planned pulls in to camp.

If there was an actual crime someone would give a shit I am sure. But all he did was run some Wyverns randomly into north, die, and kill Liia who could have moved to safety at any point and not died.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

by your logic, chris hansen should stop catching those predators in the kitchen before they do the deed. or maybe he should wait until they are done...

/shrug
Old 12-01-2020, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

The gymnastics continue. Motive vs Material damage. You guys are sentencing furoar for being a dickhead (guilty), and for not executing a damaging train. His train is the equivalent of a tree falling in an empty wood. There is no damage.

Guy is probably guilty of a lot of things and being a moron in this case is one. But he ain’t guilty of training a raid. Riot is though.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Do keep in mind that it wasn't his intention to run up to the engage after it was over, (un?)luckily getting filmed the entire way. He was betting on showing up mid-engage, and being yet another riot name lost in the mire. He was betting on his VM or install on a pc he never used, coming from a VPN or cell hotspot being enough to obscure him (protip: they can see not only the MAC address of your machine and your IP address, they can also see the MAC address of your connection point such as router, cell phone, whatever. It's part of the packet that your machine receives). Evidence of this is his bald faced lying to the GMs when confronted about it.

People don't realize that this isn't a one-off offense. Not everybody hanging out, playing the game to have some fun, is running fraps and going hard on the elf lawyer bullshit. When you see something like this, especially from an established player who is in a leadership position of a competitive guild and has plenty of familiarity with the server rules, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I've been trained by Furoar before. He banked on me not recording it. It paid off for him. This is one opportunity for the entire server to see what an actual scumbag he is, and he gets away with a punishment so light, it could never be imagined to be extended to any other player for doing just a fraction of what he did. Of course these questions of money and/or favoritism are coming up. He still has any and all gear he has collected over the years. He can still log in any non-suspended account. He can still collect dkp for the entire period of his suspension.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

I sincerely don't understand why you guys just don't play on Red. You'd have a blast there.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guy is probably guilty of a lot of things and being a moron in this case is one. But he ain’t guilty of training a raid. Riot is though.
That's what <Criot> fails to see, the cognitive dissonance is astounding

back to the school of RnF also, it's all pretty disappointing so far.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sincerely don't understand why you guys just don't play on Red. You'd have a blast there.
They can't petition for loot there.
Closed Thread