Afraid of telling who you are ?

Doesnt make you cool but just another criot pussy
Old 12-12-2020, 03:02 AM
Kobold

What? This is smashh. im just giving ramen shit cuz hes a little bitch lol
Old 12-12-2020, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I absolutely think that lockouts would create a more inclusive atmosphere that allow other guilds access to content. On the other hand, having the lockouts determined by racing effectively excludes 99% of the players on the server from competing, an objective GIANT LEAP in the direction of exclusivity. Even more annoyingly, it reinforces this wall staring paradigm that is not only fucking terrible, it isn't even strictly classic.
I really like roll offs instead of race on spawn. It's sane. It also all but eliminates the advantages of running say, pixel detection software.

In terms of practicing runs... I could personally hold training sessions if needed. There are plenty of raiders like Conda who would all but love to teach any casual how to race. It's really not that hard. ToV especially. It's way more of a crap shoot than the other races. It's about not dying, not necessarily being the leader. Practicing KT/Statue runs, and dain runs should take all but 2 hours to be competitive.

THE ONLY drawback of racing, that I can think of, is DA idols. I remember that being a bottleneck to casual guilds.

Can someone fill me in on the issues with Dain racing? What happened? Are we talking about when we had to zone in from Thurg? If so, 10 minute roll off is an easy fix. LMK otherwise.

Lockouts are definitely the most inclusive option. I could join dawn believers and dunk a vulak fte on these hoes day 1. With racing and lockouts, we could also easily structure the rules so that a race is a conclusive event. I.E, 90% less raid petitions. 90% less rule lawyer. ALSO, I think racer limits should have nothing to do with alliances. 10 per guild no matter what. THAT WAY, I could win vulak fte as a dawn believer, and then choose which guild to ally with to kill the mob. I would choose Riot, so that Jestuh cannot become a best in slot druid.

Now that FPS is locked at 60, even some of the total caveman shit that was going on in the previous era of racing (From what I heard, setting your fps to like 10 fps and spamming alt tab and shit while jumping? Yuck.)
Old 12-12-2020, 05:48 AM
Kobold

I really don't like racing as a the means of competition. It's a contrivance that is otherwise alien to any other part of the gameplay that exists, and then puts this contrivance as the sole gatekeeping mechanism to all of the end game content. And let's be real, it adds no dimension of inclusiveness, it just reinforces the idea that to play the end game we need to have playmakers staring at walls. Most other guilds cbf to even afk a tracker to pretend to have a way of getting the timers that they mysteriously somehow wind up with lol. The idea that they would field a competitive pool of racers to stare at walls for 16 hours per dragon is far fetched at best.

That being said, I'm definitely still sympathetic to the Freedom position. You want to win some dragons without having to carry around or scrounge up any extra baggage. Totally understandable. I just wish the conversation could move past the idea that the only way to compete is to race. Honestly, if I had it my way, raid mobs would not respawn without a quake, and a quake would be automated to occur randomly 1 to 13 days since the previous one. Same number of targets on average each week, everyone could choose their targets, if you lose one to someone else, just go snag something else while they are busy and engaged. No more staring at walls, no more relying on ridiculous number of man hours to track and race and put in tods, no more scripting coths or runs, none of that. Any and all drama would be confined to a tight window on average once a week, reducing the GM overhead to that small window.

Sure this is never likely to happen, but who knows with some overwhelming community support. Honestly, it isn't even that "unclassic" as server resets were definitely a thing that occurred regularly, and not at the whims of the admins how it is now, but for distinct reasons to improve the game and move it forward. Who's to say that the quakes being the mock server resets that they are aren't the very thing that improves the game and moves it forward.

At the end of the day, though, I just wish people interested in competing would throw a fresh idea out there rather than just repeating the same thing over and over. See what else the community might be interested in. Maybe the community even has ideas that you would be interested in.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? This is smashh. im just giving ramen shit cuz hes a little bitch lol
you joined at tail end , you dont even know me
Old 12-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude! It's me, Bob! We grew up together on Baker Street! RemembeR?
Old 12-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/QFcv5Ma8u8k
Old 12-12-2020, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Ramen jimmies confirmed rustled.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ramen jimmies confirmed rustled.
Clearly sorry I don’t remember every app, hope that helps.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Honestly, if I had it my way, raid mobs would not respawn without a quake, and a quake would be automated to occur randomly 1 to 13 days since the previous one. Same number of targets on average each week, everyone could choose their targets, if you lose one to someone else, just go snag something else while they are busy and engaged. No more staring at walls, no more relying on ridiculous number of man hours to track and race and put in tods, no more scripting coths or runs, none of that. Any and all drama would be confined to a tight window on average once a week, reducing the GM overhead to that small window.
^ Rog/Bog heed these words puh'leese.
Closed Thread