Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned

bring back the compass
Old 08-30-2016, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not classic if my dad doesn't get woken up at 3am by skeleton noises and beats the shit out of me
Hahahaha

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not classic if my dad doesn't get woken up at 3am by skeleton noises and beats the shit out of me
13 years of playing EQ with sound off because of this. Wasnt waking up parents when playing at 4am before school and just got use to not having it on so left it off over the years.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

i was thinking it would be cool if when you die, you come back to life as a lvl 1 in your starter city. you cant loot your corpse unless you get some sort of revive/resurrection on it.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was thinking it would be cool if when you die, you come back to life as a lvl 1 in your starter city. you cant loot your corpse unless you get some sort of revive/resurrection on it.
I've also thought about a "hardcore" EQ server. Would be interesting, that's for sure.

But considering how pissed I've been when I lost a character in Diablo 2 hardcore, EQ Hardcore would make people in to murderers.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of those servers have the dedicated players that p99 has. The camps will just be handed off between guildies. a few randoms will get lucky and might get one but the major campers that we have now will just continue on. Green and blue would be no different because it would be the same people playing on them. The mentality would just carry over. Yes raiding would be slow at first but the same people would be at the top on green that are on blue.
Actually I disagree completely. One example was on Phinigel there was a particular person who would repeatedly train anyone trying to farm the GEBS camp. He'd camp there 18 hours a day. He had an absolute stranglehold on the market. But somehow I still managed to get my own pair.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's very mistaken if you think P99 is the epitome of 'elitist' and only here can people be anal about camping certain loot.

Furthermore, I can accept your point about how the top people on Blue will be hte top people on Green if they decide to roll on it. Sure. But why does that even matter? It's a new economy. There isn't the enormous glut of platinum and items that there is now. Hell, until Kunark releases and people get access to Sebilis there isn't even that much raw platinum entering the system.

I realize some people may not have seen the post, but Rogean has stated it has always been the plan to do this once they'd finished writing all the patches.

Here's the direct quote from nilbog. Please pay attention to the bolded part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Last edited by Sillyturtle; 08-30-2016 at 07:35 PM..
Old 08-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Orc

It's a different time and much more niche crowd. Yet, I'm not sure players are all that different.

I started EQ late, while POP was current and before LOY launched. I played for a couple of months on Tunare. I quickly became irritated with the idea that it was far more rewarding character progression to farm plat, than it was to do the interesting content myself. Other social factors regarding progression on an old mudflated server also left me disenchanted.

A new server opened up and my wife and I started up there. We were still very much newbs with regard to Everquest, computers and modern gaming in general. However, I leveled near the front of the pack on my warrior. I dropped and quested almost all of my own gear. First solo, then duo, followed by some friendly goupage and finally raiding. It was a lot of fun and we got a little carried away[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In that time I was very much in favor of no drop gear and instancing as necessary evils.

I would say it's definitely possible for players to have a very different experience on a fresh server.

Also, new social groups form and old ones reform. Lots of guilds jumped on the server with various intentions. Most did not last, some became something new. Today, some of those groups continue to play in various forms and in various MMO's. Some are well known. The guild that I ended up with was formed by players who could not break into Plane of Time on their old server, due to key mobs being contested and kept down. We entered and cleared Plane of Time at level 65 on the new server. We did this with regularly scheduled raids and a rather casual style. That kind of raiding may not bring as much success on a fresh P1999 server, but the social groups who will have fun and the forms they take are not necessarily defined by the existing server.

I have no idea if my wife and I would play on a fresh server. The idea is greatly appealing, but I fear my tendency to over indulge. Lots of players would likely have a great deal of fun though and nothing is predetermined in that regard. We're currently enjoying a new play style for us. We have lots of alts, brief visits to the EC Tunnel resulting in a little twinking here and there, duoing different class combinations and exploring old content we never got to know well. It's been fun so far[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Banned

enable PVP at launch. Problems with camps will be solved. No more CSR whining and crying about mobs
Old 08-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they will, because it was easily achieveable when Phinigel, Ragefire and Lockjaw launched. Can't argue with history.
What I detailed is exactly what happened on red 99. Again, with the fraction of the player base that is on blue 99. This is an example using the exact player base of project 1999, unlike Phinigel. Lovely (a wizard on red) had bags full of manastones and a few other top players with enough time to kill. If you can't argue with history, then there it is. Now, take away pvp and the ability for players to pass camps to their friends. Those camps are never opening up.

I think a lot of newer players never played red at launch and don't talk to some of the more immersed players on blue.

Don't underestimate the number of people on project 1999 who don't have anything better to do with their time. A large portion of the raid scene on blue consists of people who don't have jobs (for whatever reason). That's not me trying to take a swipe at them, it's just the fact. Now put them on the green server. Yeah...

This only concerns those of you who want items like manastone, guise, rubi bp, etc. If you don't want those things, then this doesn't matter at all lol.

That said, I'll be making a dwarf pally for laughs.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 08-30-2016 at 08:13 PM..
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Kobold

I would just like to see the ability to spawn as a mob make an appearance in some way, I really enjoyed that ( i think it was on a test server but not sure )
Closed Thread