Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I don't know then. I always thought seafuries spawned in a general range and not specific spots and that those were examples of the outdoor mobs that aren't campable.
I sat on individual Seafury spawns during Kunark.

I understood the rule at the time as:

You could camp one singular spawn provided you remained near it and were present when it spawned, engaging without delay. You were allowed to engage nearby spawns and wandering mobs as FTE, provided they were not similarly camped. As more players arrived to contest, you needed to remain on the spawn to show clear intent and allow them to choose other spawn locations.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm unfamiliar with Pzyn, but if it acts similar to the AC in Sro (can spawn at any location) then I could see how it could be a straight FTE battle.

If it has a set spawn spot (singular) then it would work just like any other campable mob. Again, I don't know how it works, so don't quote me on this.

I know during the peak hours of Seafuries years ago (before Velious) it was common to see individual spawns camped by a singular player since there might be 8 or more people camping them.
Outdoor mobs often have multiple triggers that spawn at multiple spots, so sometimes you HAVE to kill more than 1 to get them to spawn (unless you want to reduce your chance of spawning your named by thousands of percent)

So the way the old rule worked was:

You could claim 1 outdoor spawn, you could kill other mobs, but could only lay claim to any 1 outdoor spawn.

The rule of (that I am paraphrasing) "You can claim 1 outdoor spawn, or one spawn area/room indoors... so long as you can kill the spawn in a reasonable amount of time - aka if you're meding from 5% t to kill your one spawn, that is not reasonable." works fine.

I find it feels like we're slipping back to our old days where we had different rules for different camps, which is bad news for petitioning and players.

Having to only kill the mob you CLAIM will force players to sit there like an idiot while you wait for it to spawn and plenty of juicy creatures path right by you. Take this Hillgiant example, as an example. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Hillgiant example:

2 players claim Hill giants, one is capable of killing all of them, but the other is not.

both players kill their spawn, but there are roamers that are not being claimed by anyone.

In this case, then BOTH PLAYERS have to sit there and watch the other hillgiants path around and avoid agro from them or they will be engaged and "lose their camp"...
If a player can FTE a hillgiants that are not claimed by another player, you should be able to kill it and not lose your claim, so long as you can kill your claimed spawn in a reasonable amount of time (again killing the last 10% of a hill giant, while your claimed spawn walks away, is not reasonable).

If 5 players are camping Hill Giants, every once and a while any one of them will get a 6th hill giant. Otherwise, those 5 people would have to just watch that thing path around yelling at each other not to touch it or they will lose their claimed spawn.

Demigog says in OOC "There's only 5 of us so if anyone kills that 6th hill giant Im petitioning ALL OF YOU!"

Im not a GM but this was how rules worked for the last few years. And Maybe they changed since green, but this was it up to greens launch for a few years at least.
Last edited by shovelquest; 01-23-2020 at 09:03 PM..
Old 01-23-2020, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

FTE, and the sitting on spawn thing is fine but they get like 10 seconds before its FTE.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 PM
Server GM

The PNP clearly states you can claim a single spawn point in an open-outdoor zone. This is more intended for camps like Hadden, Stormfeather or OOT AC. But some players are petty enough to sit on a single spawn point like a HG or a black bear.

Pyzjn is no exemption to this policy. She has multiple spawn locations and can be triggered. Not exactly like Quilmane but close enough for this example. Like it's been said before, sure you can "camp" them but you need to have players on every spawn point and get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
If you have a team trying to spawn one of these mobs and another player sees Pyzjn or QM wondering around, the player assigned to that spawn location messed up. It's that simple.

Something else to consider, this policy was created to give players some sort of guide how to behave because without it there would be KSing and a very long convoluted set of rules.

The bottom line is, don't be a douche out there. If a player is camping Oasis Specs, BBM dorfs, or SK Spire Gnolls, find something else to do. It's not worth the conflict.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottom line is, don't be a douche out there.
It's too bad that this couldn't be the only rule.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can camp a singular PH spawn location yourself. You can't claim every Quillmane unless you have a person at each spawn location.
I'm not sure if you are familiar with how quillmane works but the ph's that spawn quillmane are nowhere near the spawn locations. Basically there are 2 place holders that spawn near aviak village, and killing those can spawn quillmane at any of his locations, one quillmane spawns near aviaks, one in the far north east near the centaurs and another one by hermits, all spawned by the 2 place holders near aviaks
Old 01-24-2020, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Personally I think pyzin and quillmane both should be considered a single camp as you have to clear ph's to spawn them, regardless of where they spawn (blame verant / sony for creating a stupid spawn system for these 2 mobs....and if AC in south ro was classic spawn there is actually a place holder for him as well that the devs revealed many years later because no one could figure it out). There is absolutely nothing worse than spending hours clearing place holders to spawn a mob, only to have some idiot that happened to zone in and run into it before you could run and catch it.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:57 AM
Kobold

Forgot to mention one last thing about spawning quillmane....quillmane spawns almost instantaneously after killing either of the 2 placeholders, and unless you are a guide / gm, or using some sort of macroquest hack to warp over to the spawn it is simply impossible to get there (especially the centaur spawn point which with sow is still a damn long run to get to) before random_wanderingdruid/ranger sees it on track and snags it
Old 01-24-2020, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I think pyzin and quillmane both should be considered a single camp as you have to clear ph's to spawn them, regardless of where they spawn (blame verant / sony for creating a stupid spawn system for these 2 mobs....and if AC in south ro was classic spawn there is actually a place holder for him as well that the devs revealed many years later because no one could figure it out). There is absolutely nothing worse than spending hours clearing place holders to spawn a mob, only to have some idiot that happened to zone in and run into it before you could run and catch it.
Yeah but the spirit of this project is to recreate the Classic experience, not correct it. And it was very Classic for both of those mobs to be open to sniping someone else's hard work.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE, and the sitting on spawn thing is fine but they get like 10 seconds before its FTE.
For a static spawn? That's not true.

If someone is camping a single static spawn, they definitely get more than 10 seconds before it's FTE. They have to be "actively" clearing it...which means they have time to med up, for instance, so long as they are going to kill the mob once they have sufficient mana. They can't go afk or just sit there refusing to kill the mob obviously or they lose the camp, but 10 seconds? That's just not true.
Closed Thread