Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 05:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default A few questions from a newcomer

Hi Everyone,

I used to play EQ casually in the early 2000s, and also played for some time on a home EQEmu server with two friends around 2010.

I discovered P99 recently and I'm thinking about giving it a try. I'd like to have some feedback from the active players to know if I'll be able to enjoy EQ as I did back in the days.

Here are the questions I have:
  • Are player levels distributed evenly or is there an overwhelming majority of high level players?
  • Are groups easy to form at any level, or is it mostly people soloing?
  • As a casual player who doesn't have a huge knowledge about EQ (camps, drops, mechanics etc), do you think it's possible to find similar players to enjoy the adventure with?
  • Is there a preferred server (blue/green/red) for players with my profile (casual/noob), and why?

I guess, these questions boil down to "What experience does P99 provide to a casual/low-intensity player?".

Thanks in advance for your insights, and a big salute to the admins and community maintaining and supporting this wonderful project.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Large Bat

I started recently on Green, I have had no issues finding a group, or people to help! Its been an exceptional experience so far! I have been told its iffy on groups at mid level at times. I think there are plenty of casual players on green so far as I have seen. Give it a try, its super fun! I personally have made 4 toons LOL trying out many I played on Live back in the day.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I played from 99-08 I believe and just came back yesterday. I was absolutely blown away by the amount of people playing and how many people are available to friend and group with. yes you will find people and yes some will be similar to your skill level but some will be able to teach you things, People are very friendly and helpful. I made 8 friends to add to my list the first day.
i play on the blue server because it's PVE and it's the fullest. Hope that helps
Closed Thread