Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quiver haste.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quiver haste.
After I get Swiftwind, a Fleeting Quiver and Tolan's Bracer are next on my list. Though root rotting with a bow is probably not as effective for me as melee with my current bow, Talisen Bow of the Trailblazer. And I'm not changing this out until one of the velious raid bows comes along, one that procs Avatar.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After I get Swiftwind, a Fleeting Quiver and Tolan's Bracer are next on my list. Though root rotting with a bow is probably not as effective for me as melee with my current bow, Talisen Bow of the Trailblazer. And I'm not changing this out until one of the velious raid bows comes along, one that procs Avatar.
you won't be getting anything that procs avatar without getting into one of the 3 raiding guilds that kills anything in ST
Old 07-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you won't be getting anything that procs avatar without getting into one of the 3 raiding guilds that kills anything in ST
Then I'll probably be using Talisen forever, unless I get a better replacement from a quest. I chose that bow for the stats, makes it comparable to an Idol of the Thorned.

But my goal is to start doing all the running around and foraging for my Epic once I hit level 51, get a group together for the Darkelf Reaver and Jaeli the Insane in The Hole, and MQ the swirling stone, VS stone (unless a guild needs a tracker in exchange for one of the stones), and eventually the Inny Emerald when I can afford it.

I'll have 25k plat banked by Level 51, so I should be able to afford the Swiftwind half at least. 14k after that will go to Winter's Fury, Fleeting Quiver and Tolan's Bracer, and I'll attempt to farm the gems and the thurgadin armor pieces myself.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:58 PM
Banned

You'll need a guild for that too. There's nothing you'll be able to kill as a solo ranger that drops thurg armor pieces.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll need a guild for that too. There's nothing you'll be able to kill as a solo ranger that drops thurg armor pieces.
Cmon man, you gotta give this poor old Ranger a little light at the end of the tunnel to work with...

The plan was to pug groups in Kael to get the pieces and then farm the gems solo, whichever ones can be solo'd at least. If I can dovetail the gem farming with exp grinding as I work towards 60, all the better.

I'm still on the hunt for a guild, though I've applied for Axiom at the moment.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-04-2021 at 07:21 PM..
Old 07-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

You can farm plat and buy velious armor MQ’s.
You can farm plat and buy an exquisite bow.
You can farm plat and buy an Earthcaller MQ
You can farm plat and buy a BFG
You can farm plat and buy LR’s for an Eyepatch of Plunder

It’s entirely possible to be a casual player with great gear if you want to farm it. Frankly you don’t need any of that stuff. If you are a good player you are a good ranger. There are far more bad ones out there.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can farm plat and buy velious armor MQ’s.
You can farm plat and buy an exquisite bow.
You can farm plat and buy an Earthcaller MQ
You can farm plat and buy a BFG
You can farm plat and buy LR’s for an Eyepatch of Plunder

It’s entirely possible to be a casual player with great gear if you want to farm it. Frankly you don’t need any of that stuff. If you are a good player you are a good ranger. There are far more bad ones out there.
I'd say I'm a bad ranger that hopes to become better at it in the future. Maybe once I find a guild the more seasoned rangers will show me the ropes.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

At level 40 and up, which of these two should be in the main hand and which in the offhand, Winter's Fury and Frostbringer?
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-14-2021 at 10:29 PM..
Old 07-15-2021, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Napkin math (higher number is better):
Mainhand: damage x2 + damage bonus /delay
Offhand: Mainhand: damage x2 /delay

Best is to parse though.

A FB is a pretty bad ranger weapon for group work but decent for solo. With your dual wield skill being so low I’d go 2h until a Swiftwind. I had a woodsman and solid haste until 58 and even before the 2h damage bonus upgrade it did very well. It’s not for everyone “feel” wise but it’s extremely difficult/costly to beat.
Closed Thread